7D is official

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7D is official

Canon's 7D was made official today. Another 1.6x crop body but 19 pt AF (all cross type) and 8 fps(!) Might be a contender!
    randyzhu.com
    Flickr

Re: 7D is official

One would think that the "7" would mean the successor to the 5D. So what's with the crop sensor????? I STILL maintain that I've read an article that suggests that full frames were being phased out. Could it be true? If so, why has Nikon increased their full frame offering? Oh well... more $$$$ than I have to worry about it anyway.
    Throw a little light. If it doesn't come back, it probably fell off...
    Cheers
    John
    Flickr
    Nikon D80 (nicknamed Cylopsoid)
    Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 Lovin' it. I could glue it to my camera and be happy.
    Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 It's the older model w/o the AF motor and it focuses FAST. It's just like the 17-50, only longer.
    Nikkor 50mm f1.8d <------creammmmmy
    Nikkor 18-55 kit Now in a deep slumber.
    Quantaray 28-82 Somewhere in the house.
    Nikon N65 Back for the resurrection tour! Coming to defend the faith...
    (This spot being saved for hopefully a G9 or G11) Shhhh, I know those are Canons...

Comment

Canon's backwards like that. i.e. the 1D is the best and so forth. The 7D is supposed to be the successor to the not so great 50D. I guess Canon didn't want to use the 60D name since Nikon already has a very similar model number. Gotta admit though, sweet specs for a crop sensor!
      randyzhu.com
      Flickr

Comment

The 60D was the precursor to the 10D. Called the 60D because it was a 6MP camera.

This is pretty impressive for a Crop sensor, however I'm not going back. :-)
        Without others thinking you are good, it doesn't matter how good you think you are.

http://dkbarto.daportfolio.com

Comment

Just an informal observation...

I find it interesting that Canonites get all lathered up about the tech specs of their newest gizmo, how they're all hot and bothered about upgrading as quickly as possible, the whole lineage thingie; while Nikonites get the latest and then hang onto it for quite a while, content with just making pictures.

Not to start a Canon versus Nikon war...

Comment

Just another advantage to Olympus. They don't come out with camera bodies every six months. Any rate, I read an article about the 7D and one line stuck out....it's photo quality is similar to the 50D. Looks nice, looks nice on paper, but I'd wait for some reviews or go to Calumet with your own memory card when they get one and test it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by BVStaples View Post

I find it interesting that Canonites get all lathered up about the tech specs of their newest gizmo, how they're all hot and bothered about upgrading as quickly as possible, the whole lineage thingie; while Nikonites get the latest and then hang onto it for quite a while, content with just making pictures.

LOL!
              www.garryh.com

Strike the Design

Comment

Posts like this make Baby Jesus cry

Comment

This may very well be my next body. I was going for the 5D MKII, but the advanced AF system and 8 FPS on the 7D will serve a better purpose for me. I'm not worried about ISO performance as I can't even remember the last time I shot above ISO 800. Being able to fire speedlites without external triggers is nice, too. But I will still hold onto my CyberSyncs.
                  www.PhotosByCalvin.com

Comment

Wooot Wooot Nikon ftw! lol

I<3 my D80

Comment

Originally posted by O RLY View Post
                      This may very well be my next body. I was going for the 5D MKII, but the advanced AF system and 8 FPS on the 7D will serve a better purpose for me.

<snip>

Being able to fire speedlites without external triggers is nice, too. But I will still hold onto my CyberSyncs.
                      Yeah, I'm in the same spot right now with trying to make up my mind... But I do want the ISO performance of the MK II...
                      Marshall

If I don't give you a hard time at some point then it just means I don't like you. It's all fun and games.

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
                      Current Activity: Daydreaming about his trips in November and December.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall Starks View Post
                        Yeah, I'm in the same spot right now with trying to make up my mind... But I do want the ISO performance of the MK II...
                        While having the ability to go high on the ISO, I rarely go above 640, and then only to 800.

With the Digic IV processor being identical between the 7D and 5DmkII, if you want to save some $$ and move up to what is widely considered a much better AF system than the 5DmkII has, get the 7D.
                        Without others thinking you are good, it doesn't matter how good you think you are.

Comment

Originally posted by dkbarto View Post
                          if you want to save some $$ and move up to what is widely considered a much better AF system than the 5DmkII has, get the 7D.
                          Rawr! But I wanna go full frame...
                          Marshall

If I don't give you a hard time at some point then it just means I don't like you. It's all fun and games.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall Starks View Post
                            Rawr! But I wanna go full frame...
                            Then you're gonna have to wait for the 5DmkIII with the AF system from the 7D and the FF of the 5D.

Comment

Originally posted by dkbarto View Post
                              Then you're gonna have to wait for the 5DmkIII with the AF system from the 7D and the FF of the 5D.
                              But I don't wanna wait!
                              Marshall

Comment

Working...
                              X