Help pls: Sigma ef 530 dg super

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help pls: Sigma ef 530 dg super

I bought a Sigma EF 530 DG super for my canon xsi. but i've been trying for the last 2 hours and i cant figure out how to get it to work. manual hasn't been of much help.

when i press the 'test' button, the flash fires. but when i put it on the camera or on cactus v4 triggers, the flash wont fire. i tried setting the camera on full auto and the flash in ettl mode, still wont fire. can someone help pls? what else can i try?

Re: Help pls: Sigma ef 530 dg super

Have you checked in the manual to make sure they're both compatible with each other?

I made the mistake of buying a flash that wasn't compatible with my bodies and now I have to use it in full manual mode.

"I've Got A Fever And The Only Prescription Is More Pictures"

For Quotes And Comissions Please Email Me.

Know Anyone Heading For Foreclosure? I Can Help!

San Diego Wedding and Portrait Photography

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
    Current Activity: Banning Spammers

Comment

Just checked the Sigma website:
      Sigma - Flashes

It says its Compatible cameras are SIGMA AF, NIKON AF, CANON AF, SONY AF, PENTAX AF

But it should work with your cactus triggers regardless, When your using them with it are you putting the flash in Manual?
      Last edited by Nick Ruiz; 11-19-2009, 12:00 AM.

"I've Got A Fever And The Only Prescription Is More Pictures"

For Quotes And Comissions Please Email Me.

Know Anyone Heading For Foreclosure? I Can Help!

San Diego Wedding and Portrait Photography

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
      Current Activity: Banning Spammers

Comment

Some reports say this flash will fire with the test button when the batteries are low but won't fire on the camera or with triggers. Try a fresh set of batteries just to be sure. Also just taking the batteries out of the flash will reset it and might allow it to work in some cases.

You do have the Canon version correct (EF-530 DG SUPER EO-ETTL II : 00-85126-92525-3) ? When you put the flash on the camera do they appear to communicate? For example when you zoom the lens does the flash zoom at the same time?

Comment

thanks for your replies guys.

i think my camera is compatible. i switched the camera to full auto and flash to full manual, when i press the shutter half way, it switches to ETTL. i only tested with a prime lens, i'll try with a different lens. but i do see the flash zooming when i move away from the subject.

maybe my batteries are old. il try out a fresh set. i really hope this is the issue. i dont mind using it in full manual, but ETTL would definitely be awesome.

Comment

thanks a ton guys. was the batteries. a fresh set and it works like a champ. on camera (ETTL) and with cactus triggers.
            u guys rock...

Comment

You can go to FlashZebra.com for more info on the sigma flashes including a PC port or miniplug receptacle so that you can hook the flash up to a normal pocket wizard.
              Throw a little light. If it doesn't come back, it probably fell off...
              Cheers
              John
              Flickr
              Nikon D80 (nicknamed Cylopsoid)
              Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 Lovin' it. I could glue it to my camera and be happy.
              Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 It's the older model w/o the AF motor and it focuses FAST. It's just like the 17-50, only longer.
              Nikkor 50mm f1.8d <------creammmmmy
              Nikkor 18-55 kit Now in a deep slumber.
              Quantaray 28-82 Somewhere in the house.
              Nikon N65 Back for the resurrection tour! Coming to defend the faith...
              (This spot being saved for hopefully a G9 or G11) Shhhh, I know those are Canons...

Comment

Working...
              X