X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lillmo86
    started a topic $75 OBO Backdrop Stand!

$75 OBO Backdrop Stand!

Mine is not the EXACT one in the photo...but it looks very very similar! Can be used for Paper or fabric backdrops! I love mine! It comes with extension bars so that you can make it very wide for large group shots I believe it goes up to 10' tall and 9'wide. Let me know!
    Last edited by lillmo86; 03-20-2009, 12:24 PM.

• Renay Johnson
    replied
    Re: $75 OBO Backdrop Stand!

Very good ideal. I saw those being used on antique roadshow and I they look just like photographer's light stands. Had I sold my couch, I would have purchased those, but I'm still trying to get rid of the couch and get something for it. I'm not going to give it away because it does look brand new.

Leave a comment:

• tonyz
    replied

Is this sold yet?

Leave a comment:

• Photofiend
    replied

Hi!
    Have you tried contacting local quilt guilds? These guilds use a very similar stand for displaying quilts at quilt shows and at monthly meeting to display visiting guest lecturer's work.

Or elementary school libraries [public (?) or private] for felt storyboards, or local community centers that do children's programs? Children's programs at regular libraries? Maybe even the children's programs at the local bookstores (Barnes & Noble/Borders), could the store managers have a petty cash type account to support local community activities at the store that might involve a hanging-type display?

Girl Scout/Boy Scout troops? Churches, etc? Teachers often buy a lot of individual items at their own expense for their classrooms. Animal rescue work/animal shelters? Any place a large sign needs to be temporarily displayed with an easy, quick breakdown to pack in a car afterwards.

Can you sell it on consignment at Calumet? Will Ritz/Wolf Camera allow you to post a flyer somewhere in their store, similar to the community boards at Starbucks, or Albertsons/Ralphs?

I almost forgot, individual quilters use felt boards for design boards, similar to storyboards, for block placement and color design work, you could place a flyer at local quilt fabric stores, most of these stores teach classes too, so they might have that need as well.

I know that there is going to be a big once-a-year quilt show, called "Road To California" in January 2009, I want to say in Riverside but not sure. Even if they have lots of stands, I'm sure they need backups. Someone who's put 300 hours in their quilt is not going to be happy to hear the stand broke and their quilt is in a bag folded up somehwere!!

Sorry I don't have any really good ideas, was just trying to help your stand find a home by trying to think outside of the "photography" box.

Take care and Good Luck!!
    Mary

Leave a comment:

• Renay Johnson
    replied

II know the feeling. 'm trying to get rid of a couch. The couch looks new and has no stains or tears because I don't have pets nor do I have parties. I don't use it and I'm trying to make room in my small living room. I put it up on craigslist and everything.

Leave a comment:

• MrsPlumb
    replied

Still trying to get rid of this?

Leave a comment:

• JHolzPhoto
    replied

Hey Nick I think that card you have is worth -75 dollars. LOL

Leave a comment:

• lillmo86
    replied

Its never been used! I got two and only need one!

Leave a comment:

• lillmo86
    replied

Hey people!!! Im still trying to get rid of this!!! $75 OBO....thats what I paid for it!

Leave a comment:

• Nick Ruiz
    replied

If you can bring it with you later to Tarje that would be cool. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• lillmo86
    replied

The posts at the top of the stands screws on...so maybe you would be able to put a light on them as well...you will have to look at it I think for your self to see if its what you need...

Leave a comment:

• lillmo86
    replied

Im not sure what a Jose Conseco card is....and Im not sure about the thing for the lights.... that actual stands are just like a light stand but with posts at the top and the cross bar has holes in it that just slip on to the posts....I hope that answers your ??'s.... p.s...I need the money more than anything...

Leave a comment:

• Nick Ruiz
    replied

Ill trade you a Jose Canseco card :-P Im interested more in the stands, do they have adapters to hold up lights or is it just a screw?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X