35mm Slide Scanner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35mm Slide Scanner

The other day, I was in time-wastin' mood, and it was past the hour of decent light, so I made a run around to the local thrift stores. I ended up finding this box of ~125 Kodachrome slides, most are local images (a shot of the Coronado ferry circa 1955 or so, for example), and upon asking the clerk if there were any more in the store, she asked me to just take it.

So...I'd like to scan/upload these to Flickr for posterity and to share with the general public. Especially since Kodachrome is on it's last leg of production, and these shots are all quite good.

Anybody have a scanner I can borrow for this project for a small fee to complete this project? I've got a Mac, so it'd have to be compatible with that for it to be of any use.

I can't imagine it taking more than a week.
    Attached Files
    See my user profile for gear information. Then forget about that stuff and go take pictures! And then some more pictures!

Re: 35mm Slide Scanner

Anthony:

I have a Nikon CoolScan III that I'll loan you, and I ain't going to charge you a fee. It does kick-butt scans to 2700 dpi. It's compatible with the Mac (I used it with my G4). One caveat—it's got a SCSI connector, but I have an Adaptec SCSI to USB converter for it, and it works fine. You'll have to download the Adaptec driver and the NikonScan software, but both are easily and readily available. Since I don't really use it much any more, you can take your time with it. Let me know if this interest you.

Brian

Comment

Brian-

That sounds fantastic. I wouldn't need to remove the film from the cardboard of the slide, correct? Let's talk via PM and get together when it's convenient for you.

Anthony
      See my user profile for gear information. Then forget about that stuff and go take pictures! And then some more pictures!

Comment

Got a minolta scanner here too that can do it in the frame.
        Marshall

If I don't give you a hard time at some point then it just means I don't like you. It's all fun and games.

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
        Current Activity: Daydreaming about his trips in November and December.

Comment

Working...
        X