This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: May Group shoot 5/2 at the WAP

Richard and I will be there and we have a membership. Thanks for planning this, sounds like fun.

Comment

Originally posted by bobsmith View Post
      I will try and make it. This will be my first group outing, where do we meet?
      9AM at the front gate.

Just look for all the folks with backpacks. Some will even be bringing tripods.

Looks like a big group.
      Without others thinking you are good, it doesn't matter how good you think you are.

http://dkbarto.daportfolio.com

Comment

Originally posted by purebliss View Post
        I am sooo bummed! I have been waiting for this at the WAP and in fact had been planning to go a week from today but I will be out of town on Saturday. Any chance this will be offered again? I know I would learn and benefit so much more if I went with the group...

Thanks,

Gabriela
        Yes, I can't make it either, so we will for sure do it again!

Comment

I would love to go but will be out of town in San Francisco. I will have to go next time.

Comment

Man of course I work on the 2nd.
            Jeff
            http://picasaweb.google.com/jholzphoto

Comment

I always love shooting at the WAP. Unfortunately, I have a wedding that day (as a guest, not as a photographer).

This would've been a good excuse to renew my membership!
              Canon 40D w/BG-E2N
              Canon 20D w/BG-E2
              Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L
              Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L
              Canon 85mm f/1.8
              Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5
              Sigma 50-500mm f/4-6.3

My Website

Comment

soooo anyone wanna give me a ride, i can pay......
                website
                http://shainblumphoto.com/

Comment

i would like to go and needs a little more information--will probably bring my daughter--what is the format--shooting with instruction, tips etc. or critiquing etc.? I am new to this qnd hqve not been on a group shoot before. thanks, larry eisenhauer

I will probably renew my membership before.

Comment

I have a membership but can't get there till about 1:30. Is it worth it for me to come that late.
                    Josh
                    Rebel XSI
                    18-55 is
                    22-250 is
                    Quantaray 70-300
                    50mm 1.8f
                    Sigma 24-70 2.8f

Comment

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
                      Marshall

If I don't give you a hard time at some point then it just means I don't like you. It's all fun and games.

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
                      Current Activity: Daydreaming about his trips in November and December.

Comment

Originally posted by eestork@AOL.COM View Post
                        i would like to go and needs a little more information--will probably bring my daughter--what is the format--shooting with instruction, tips etc. or critiquing etc.? I am new to this qnd hqve not been on a group shoot before. thanks, larry eisenhauer

I will probably renew my membership before.
                        The general format is that we all get together at the start of the day, this time at 9AM at the front gate, and then move through in a large group for a while. Eventually it breaks up into smaller groups doing their own thing. I would expect this one to possibly have a 'regroup' for lunch at some time/location TBD. The tips/critique will come after when you post your best shots to the forum. You can always ask those in the group you are with for hints/tips as you move along.

All in all a very loose, free-flowing type of experience. And a good time to have fun at the WAP with a camera.
                        Without others thinking you are good, it doesn't matter how good you think you are.

Comment

I will be there and I think as new member I can get another in for free, Larry Eisenhauer
                          What is the agenda? How does the day play out? Do we look at each other's pictures? Is there instruction? Any costs? Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by eestork@AOL.COM View Post
                            I will be there and I think as new member I can get another in for free, Larry Eisenhauer
                            What is the agenda? How does the day play out? Do we look at each other's pictures? Is there instruction? Any costs? Thank you
                            See my post just above yours. As to cost the only thing to remember is that you will need money for parking and something to eat during the day. Other than that, pretty random if it goes like the last couple I've been on.

Post your best after the shoot to the forum for critique and feedback.

Comment

Group shoots tend to be very relaxed. The only costs for them are anything that we may need to enter, in this case the WAP, and any costs for lunch.

usually everyone meets, introduces themselves and then move together, this big group then tends to break off into smaller groups as people stop to shoot certain things or run ahead to shoot certain things. Sometimes the group never forms again, and other times it does.

Its a very loose environment, almost like meeting with a group of friends and shooting. There is no workshop attached, no classes, instruction or anything. The idea is that you stay together in groups and help each other out, talk about what you're shooting, talk about gear and provide each other with ideas and tips. Its a great chance to meet other members on the forum and be around people who enjoy the same things you do.

I expect this group shoot will run similar, hope you guys all have fun, and I have answered any questions anyone has asked...Please feel free to PM if you have any other questions or reply on here.

Comment

David and AJ covered it perfectly.
                                Marshall

If I don't give you a hard time at some point then it just means I don't like you. It's all fun and games.

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
                                Current Activity: Daydreaming about his trips in November and December.

Comment

Working...
                                X