X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dkbarto
    started a topic May Group shoot 5/2 at the WAP

May Group shoot 5/2 at the WAP

If you want to go to the Wild Animal Park on 5/2 and shoot with the rest of the group set up a reply here.

Those who DO NOT have a membership will still get in FREE. I can get in 6 and my wife wants to come as well and she can get in another 6.

You will still have to pay parking at the WAP.

The time of year is perfect and getting there at 9AM when they open will provide excellent light for most animals. If we are pretty quick we can get to the lions when they are most likely to be active.

Bring sunscreen and a hat.

• dkbarto
    replied
    Re: May Group shoot 5/2 at the WAP

Originally posted by potskie View Post
    greetings everyone, haven't been active lately. this surely is nice. been here on the west coast for 6 years but i haven't been to sd wap.
    dkbarto, i actually live in oc. i have to work night shift and won't be out until 830am. i can probably get there by 1030ish, is there a way i could still go in if the slot is not filled yet? i might bring a friend with me, that would be awesome if you could accommodate us. thanks a lot.
    My phone is eight-5ive-eight three-eight-6 two one double nine.

Give me a shout when you get in and we can meet up.

Shoot me your cell # and your full name so I can put the passes in your name.

With that information you should find 2 guest passes waiting for you under your own name at Guest Relations. Pick them up and waltz on in.

Leave a comment:

• potskie
    replied

greetings everyone, haven't been active lately. this surely is nice. been here on the west coast for 6 years but i haven't been to sd wap.
    dkbarto, i actually live in oc. i have to work night shift and won't be out until 830am. i can probably get there by 1030ish, is there a way i could still go in if the slot is not filled yet? i might bring a friend with me, that would be awesome if you could accommodate us. thanks a lot.

Originally posted by dkbarto View Post
    If you want to go to the Wild Animal Park on 5/2 and shoot with the rest of the group set up a reply here.

Those who DO NOT have a membership will still get in FREE. I can get in 6 and my wife wants to come as well and she can get in another 6.

You will still have to pay parking at the WAP.

The time of year is perfect and getting there at 9AM when they open will provide excellent light for most animals. If we are pretty quick we can get to the lions when they are most likely to be active.

Bring sunscreen and a hat.

Leave a comment:

• Marshall Starks
    replied

I don't think it'll rain either... I'll be rocking the trash bag covered camera if it does.

Leave a comment:

• dkbarto
    replied

Originally posted by Marshall Starks View Post
    No joke...

[ATTACH]2380[/ATTACH]
    Guess what: I don't believe them. They have been calling for showers and rain for the last few times it looked like it might and nothing: nada. Just heavy clouds, no rain.

I'll be there, rain or shine, with my bag and a 'brella if needed. If it looks like it might rain, I'll make sure I'm bringing my tripod.

Leave a comment:

• shainblum
    replied

whatever works Ive just covered my cam with a jacket

Leave a comment:

• tldeisher
    replied

Ive used trash bags before and taped them to the hood.

Leave a comment:

• shainblum
    replied

umbrellas? tape them to the cameras

Leave a comment:

• tldeisher
    replied

Lies....lies...oh why must you lie

Leave a comment:

• shainblum
    replied

No joke...

[ATTACH]2380[/ATTACH]
    **** well thats annoying

Leave a comment:

• Marshall Starks
    replied

No joke...

large7dayinland.jpg

Leave a comment:

• shainblum
    replied

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww poopy! News is calling for showers on Sat...

Not that I'm afraid of rain or anything.
    really? thats random, bet there lieing

Leave a comment:

• Marshall Starks
    replied

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww poopy! News is calling for showers on Sat...

Not that I'm afraid of rain or anything.

Leave a comment:

• Marshall Starks
    replied

David and AJ covered it perfectly.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Group shoots tend to be very relaxed. The only costs for them are anything that we may need to enter, in this case the WAP, and any costs for lunch.

usually everyone meets, introduces themselves and then move together, this big group then tends to break off into smaller groups as people stop to shoot certain things or run ahead to shoot certain things. Sometimes the group never forms again, and other times it does.

Its a very loose environment, almost like meeting with a group of friends and shooting. There is no workshop attached, no classes, instruction or anything. The idea is that you stay together in groups and help each other out, talk about what you're shooting, talk about gear and provide each other with ideas and tips. Its a great chance to meet other members on the forum and be around people who enjoy the same things you do.

I expect this group shoot will run similar, hope you guys all have fun, and I have answered any questions anyone has asked...Please feel free to PM if you have any other questions or reply on here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X