November Group Shoot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: November Group Shoot

I've got to go to a wedding on the 22nd—hopefully I'll catch the next group shoot!
    http://www.flickr.com/absorption_line
    http://www.tanyaharrisonofmars.com

Comment

I think I can get us a Docent from Torrey Pines to walk us around and point out some of the better things there. Free.

O.K. he is my father in law
      And he is a pretty good photographer
      And he is a geophysicist

But besides all that he is a docent at Torrey Pines and leads group walks there all the time. I'm trying to make sure he goes.
      Without others thinking you are good, it doesn't matter how good you think you are.

http://dkbarto.daportfolio.com

Comment

Anyone who is thinking about the Salton Sea and particularly the North Shore Yacht Club...

The County of Riverside has taken over the yacht club and is restoring it into a community center and museum. It has lost all its charm as a photo subject and is currently fenced off because of on-going construction.

Here is what it looked like in March:

And here's what it looks like now:

Comment

Did you take a boat out there? I don't remember being able to get that angle.
          Throw a little light. If it doesn't come back, it probably fell off...
          Cheers
          John
          Flickr
          Nikon D80 (nicknamed Cylopsoid)
          Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 Lovin' it. I could glue it to my camera and be happy.
          Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 It's the older model w/o the AF motor and it focuses FAST. It's just like the 17-50, only longer.
          Nikkor 50mm f1.8d <------creammmmmy
          Nikkor 18-55 kit Now in a deep slumber.
          Quantaray 28-82 Somewhere in the house.
          Nikon N65 Back for the resurrection tour! Coming to defend the faith...
          (This spot being saved for hopefully a G9 or G11) Shhhh, I know those are Canons...

Comment

Originally posted by inSANe DIEGO View Post
            Did you take a boat out there? I don't remember being able to get that angle.
            There's a man-made breakwater you can walk out on. That part of it isn't fenced off.

Comment

Hello all - I attended the Del Mar Photo Expo this past weekend and two members at the SDPF booth convinced me to join. What are the details for the November photo shoot?

Comment

Originally posted by JudyD View Post
                Hello all - I attended the Del Mar Photo Expo this past weekend and two members at the SDPF booth convinced me to join. What are the details for the November photo shoot?
                Thanks for joining - you should have some fun here.

The details are not yet set, and Marshall needs to get his act together about that. Say 10:00am on Sunday?
                Without others thinking you are good, it doesn't matter how good you think you are.

Comment

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on the forum for where and when details. J

Comment

Originally posted by dkbarto View Post
                    ... Say 10:00am on Sunday?
                    Doesn't that put us on Torrey Pines at the worst possible time for light. I would suggest either early in the morning, or better yet, later in the day, when the cool red rays burn in at a low angle and cause sharp deep shadows.

Just my humble opinion...

Brian

Comment

Very true.

Comment

If it's later in the day, I can probably +1.
                        See my user profile for gear information. Then forget about that stuff and go take pictures! And then some more pictures!

Comment

Indeed we'll be going with late in the day on Sunday. We'll go with 2pm which should give us time to meet up and hours to shoot as the light will just be getting good. I'm working on an exact location now.
                          Marshall

If I don't give you a hard time at some point then it just means I don't like you. It's all fun and games.

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
                          Current Activity: Daydreaming about his trips in November and December.

Comment

2 works. At least I've got people talking about it. . .

Remember Marshall that I've got a Docent who can walk us (possibly) off trail for some of the better shots.

Comment

Got an idea on a meeting spot then DKB?
                              Marshall

If I don't give you a hard time at some point then it just means I don't like you. It's all fun and games.

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
                              Current Activity: Daydreaming about his trips in November and December.

Comment

Parking is $10 per car. Consider carpooling.

A quick suggestion: Meet at the lower parking lot, carpool up the road as parking in the upper lots is always hard, and by 2 pm it will be crazy bad. Consider either the Guy Flemming trail (nice and level, lots of trees), or going up to the lodge and doing a walk out from there. Perry Grove trail is nice, however there are steps to walk down to get to it. Nice place used by painters. Great Photo ops, including High Point, and the Lodge and the North end of the Flemming trail have bird paths for those who want birding photos.

Meet at steps across from lower parking lot. Bring Tripods for good shooting here. Sometimes surfers are out, and you can get some of those as well.

I will have my Father-in-law/docent with me and he will have maps for us to use.

Comment

Working...
                                X