May Photo Challenge - Window Light

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May Photo Challenge - Window Light

Welcome to another new month! This month's challenge is to create an image that is lit entirely by the free, always available, and almost always very high quality light that is direct from your windows. The subject matter is open. Portrait, bowl of fruit (or peppers!), black & white or color, all of that is up to you to choose!

Rules/guidelines:

1. One image submitted to this thread per member.
    2. You can change your submission as many times as you like until I close this thread at the end of the month, but please edit your original post to reduce clutter and confusion.
    3. Please use an external hosting solution, and post the image directly to this thread. Maximum resolution: 800x800 pixels. You will be DQ'ed if you go larger.
    4. You must take a new photograph to enter this contest. Please be honest and do not use something you've already shot. Get out there and shooooooot!

My entry:

Last edited by Fixcinater; 05-30-2009, 12:50 PM. Reason: Changed my entry to something shot this month as per roolz.
    See my user profile for gear information. Then forget about that stuff and go take pictures! And then some more pictures!

Re: May Photo Challenge - Window Light

i will start searching for a photo
    website
    http://shainblumphoto.com/

Comment

yay window light! I think I can actually do that.
      Shooting Nikon D90
      11-16mm f/2.8 of pure Tokina sexiness
      18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 VR Nikkor
      50mm f/1.8 Nikkor
      35mm f/1.8 Nikkor Dx
      55-200mm f/4-5.6 DI Quantary -FOR SALE

www.creativesoup.com

Comment

Can a stand-mounted reflector, large whitecard, or other such enhancements be used?

Comment

Originally posted by shainblum View Post
          i will start searching for a photo
          Has to be a new shot.

Comment

Originally posted by thebdt View Post
            Can a stand-mounted reflector, large whitecard, or other such enhancements be used?
            I think as long as the reflector is being used as a fill or similar. Fix is likely looking for the window light to be the main light, not just a source of light.
            Throw a little light. If it doesn't come back, it probably fell off...
            Cheers
            John
            Flickr
            Nikon D80 (nicknamed Cylopsoid)
            Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 Lovin' it. I could glue it to my camera and be happy.
            Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 It's the older model w/o the AF motor and it focuses FAST. It's just like the 17-50, only longer.
            Nikkor 50mm f1.8d <------creammmmmy
            Nikkor 18-55 kit Now in a deep slumber.
            Quantaray 28-82 Somewhere in the house.
            Nikon N65 Back for the resurrection tour! Coming to defend the faith...
            (This spot being saved for hopefully a G9 or G11) Shhhh, I know those are Canons...

Comment

If you're dedicated and crafty enough to make the actual window light be your hair light or kicker, that's fine by me.
              See my user profile for gear information. Then forget about that stuff and go take pictures! And then some more pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by Fixcinater View Post
                If you're dedicated and crafty enough to make the actual window light be your hair light or kicker, that's fine by me.
                Hmmmmmm.........
                Cheers
                John
                Flickr
                Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 It's the older model w/o the AF motor and it focuses FAST. It's just like the 17-50, only longer.
                (This spot being saved for hopefully a G9 or G11) Shhhh, I know those are Canons...

Comment

John's automatically DQ'd!
                  Marshall

If I don't give you a hard time at some point then it just means I don't like you. It's all fun and games.

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
                  Current Activity: Daydreaming about his trips in November and December.

Comment

Nah, let him work with real light instead of that fake stuff he has to make...

Comment

I love contests!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fixcinater View Post
                        Nah, let him work with real light instead of that fake stuff he has to make...
                        Doubt it'll happen. Too many factors that either don't work with my schedule or just plain aren't there...
                        Cheers
                        John
                        Flickr

Comment

Well, do the macro thing. You find the right window(s), you could get enough light to do something interesting...

Comment

We'll see what happens in 20 days or so...
                            Cheers
                            John
                            Flickr

Comment

John....just put a strobe outside your window. Isn't that still window light?
                              Today's a gift, that's why it's called the present.

Comment

Working...
                              X