This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June Photo Challenge - Contrasts

Hey all, this month's challenge is to show your viewer the best/funniest/wildest/biggest contrast you can. It can be between any subjects, and you can utilize any other techniques you may wish to see in your finished product.

In the best spirit of the challenge, please make an image this month along this theme, but if you would like to enter and just can't get one made that fits this category, we will accept old images too.

Rules:

-1 entry per member. You can change your entry photo as much as you like, but when I close the thread at the end of the month, you are locked in.

-You must use an external host for your photo. Our hosting on the forum is quite robust, but it takes about 10X as long to make the voting thread work as it should if we have to use internal links, so please do us mods a favor.

-Keep your posted photo's resolution to 800 pixels by 800 pixels. Any more, and you will be DQ'ed at the end of the month. Not everyone has 1024+ resolution monitors, and we need to be mindful of their needs as well.

-Keep it PG-13 or lower. As usual, our member base has no problems adhering to the rules, but we do want to keep this site work friendly and this includes this contest.

I look forward to seeing what we come up with for this challenge, especially with our scheduled downtown street shoot.

Here's my entry:

Last edited by Fixcinater; 06-29-2009, 12:52 AM.
    See my user profile for gear information. Then forget about that stuff and go take pictures! And then some more pictures!

Re: June Photo Challenge - Contrasts

I'm sorry, but be a stupid request, but can I see an example of what you mean?

Comment

Dark versus light, old versus young, human vs. machine.

It's pretty wide-open as far as what the contrast is, so your job for this month is to make us, the viewers, understand exactly what you are trying to compare in the image.

Few examples as below:
      Attached Files
      See my user profile for gear information. Then forget about that stuff and go take pictures! And then some more pictures!

Comment

Oh okay, I get it! Thanks! This should be a good one!

Comment

Alright... I'm changing my entry, here it is:

(thanks for the recommendation Jeff!)

Last edited by GarryHall; 06-16-2009, 01:56 PM.
          www.garryh.com

Strike the Design

Comment

Looks great, that fits the idea perfectly. You've also got light vs. dark, different textures, etc etc.

I'm excited to see what people come up with this month.

And please, everybody, make sure you read ALL of the rules, including the one about going and making a new image for this month. This is so we are constantly moving forward when we shoot, not always looking back at what we've done.

Comment

Halfway mark, just about. Hope everybody is working on one for this month.

Comment

Mine

Comment

DW and I were out for a hike in San Clemente canyon this morning. I took my BRAND NEW D300 with me and I got a few pics I'm happy with.
                  As usual, there is plenty of poison oak around. This one caught my eye for all the different contrasts going on. Red and green, of course, and there is also the dead leaves in the background and the berries ripening. So there is an entire lifecycle taking place in the picture also. Also some contrast with the dark background and brighter foreground.

Mike
                  D300
                  D40
                  18-55mm, 55-200mm, 300mm f/4
                  SB400
                  Argus C3

Comment

Originally posted by garryhall View Post
                    alright... I'm changing my entry, here it is:

(thanks for the recommendation jeff!)

niiiice!
                    m+m Photography
                    My Pbase

Comment

i cant think of anything
                      website
                      http://shainblumphoto.com/

Comment

Ok, so it's June 23rd and only 3 entries.

Lets up the ante and offer a free SMUGMUG PRO account for one year to the winner of this challenge!
                        If you already have a Smug mug account you are eligible for a $25 print credit.

If your not familiar with Smugmug see this or go to smugmug.com. The pro accounts are fully customizable for CSS and HTML and they also have their own forum HERE: called Dgrin.

I'll continue with (aheem) a contrasting image:

Last edited by Mac; 06-24-2009, 10:19 AM.
                        m+m Photography
                        My Pbase

Comment

lol thats great!

"I've Got A Fever And The Only Prescription Is More Pictures"

For Quotes And Comissions Please Email Me.

Know Anyone Heading For Foreclosure? I Can Help!

San Diego Wedding and Portrait Photography

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
                          Current Activity: Banning Spammers

Comment

this is my first post in this forum and im gonna start with a challenge entry

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8750960@N02/3658707862/
                            Last edited by Nick Ruiz; 06-24-2009, 05:45 PM.

Comment

I like the shot, aspire. You should try uploading the pic so we can view it inline. Purple and yellow are definite contrasts...

Comment

Working...
                              X