X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September Photo Challenge - Books

Hey all you San Diego Photographers!

It's time for September's photo challenge, and this one is quite studious in nature. The category is Books! The winner of this month's contest will receive a Pro Smugmug account (or $25 print credit at said site) for a year, just as member BeyondTheImage did for his winning shot in August!

The book theme includes any shot that has a book somewhere in the image. It doesn't have to be the main subject, but it does need to have either a paperback or hardcover book included and recognizable (at least to some degree...).

Please read all the rules so we are all on the same page. I will be closing this thread promptly after the month is over, and we will have a short voting time Oct (1-6th) in order to keep things moving.

The rules are:

-In the best spirit of the challenge, please make a new image along this theme, but we will accept old images too.

-1 entry per member. You can change your entry photo as much as you like (please do so by editing your own post to reduce clutter), but when I close the thread at the end of the month, you are locked in.

-You must use an external host for your photo. Click the rising sun icon above the reply box to

-Keep your posted photo's resolution to 1000 pixels on the long side. Any more, and you will be DQ'ed at the end of the month. Not everyone has 1024+ resolution, so please be considerate of the folks out there still on 800x640 monitors. This will be enforced this month. Make sure you are safe on resolution.

-PG-13 or safer. As usual, our member base has no problems adhering to the rules, but we do want to keep this site very work friendly and that includes this contest.

Here's my submission:
    Last edited by Fixcinater; 10-01-2009, 09:12 AM.
    See my user profile for gear information. Then forget about that stuff and go take pictures! And then some more pictures!

Re: September Photo Challenge - Books

Comment

Off topic... Did someone do a Steampunk shoot without me????? Oh, nevermind. I can see a bikini top now. Had to put on the glasses.... Doh!

On topic... Great shots so far.
      Throw a little light. If it doesn't come back, it probably fell off...
      Cheers
      John
      Flickr
      Nikon D80 (nicknamed Cylopsoid)
      Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 Lovin' it. I could glue it to my camera and be happy.
      Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 It's the older model w/o the AF motor and it focuses FAST. It's just like the 17-50, only longer.
      Nikkor 50mm f1.8d <------creammmmmy
      Nikkor 18-55 kit Now in a deep slumber.
      Quantaray 28-82 Somewhere in the house.
      Nikon N65 Back for the resurrection tour! Coming to defend the faith...
      (This spot being saved for hopefully a G9 or G11) Shhhh, I know those are Canons...

Comment

Originally posted by inSANe DIEGO View Post
        Off topic... Did someone do a Steampunk shoot without me????? Oh, nevermind. I can see a bikini top now. Had to put on the glasses.... Doh!

On topic... Great shots so far.

Haha, no!! I'm still waiting to do one!! Someone *cough* never got back to me. =P As it goes. No place to run from here >D Mwahahaha!!!

Seriously. You + Me+ camera+steampunkiness= awesome. Anytime.

Comment

I'm working on some Steampunk costumes for wifey and myself for Halloween. So maybe you'll be shooting US!!! Muahahaha.

In all seriousness, I smell an SDPF Strobist Steampunk shoot coming.

Back to the contest....BOOKS.
          Cheers
          John
          Flickr
          Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 It's the older model w/o the AF motor and it focuses FAST. It's just like the 17-50, only longer.
          (This spot being saved for hopefully a G9 or G11) Shhhh, I know those are Canons...

Comment

More entries please.

Trying to keep this PG so I'll word it the best I can. Fix is that a "Cock"er spaniel being put into the candle!?
            Always think positive, but expect the worst and nothing bad will ever happen.

http://hanratty.smugmug.com

Gear:
            Olympus E-30
            Olympus 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 (28-84mm conversion)
            Olympus 40-150mm f/4-5.6 (80-300mm conversion)
            Olympus 70-300mm f/4-5.6 (140-600mm conversion)

Comment

Originally posted by BeyondTheImage View Post
              More entries please.

Trying to keep this PG so I'll word it the best I can. Fix is that a "Cock"er spaniel being put into the candle!?
              bwahahahahahahahhahhhhhh now i can't see it any other way even though i know it CAN'T be...?
              Shooting Nikon D90
              11-16mm f/2.8 of pure Tokina sexiness
              18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 VR Nikkor
              50mm f/1.8 Nikkor
              35mm f/1.8 Nikkor Dx
              55-200mm f/4-5.6 DI Quantary -FOR SALE

www.creativesoup.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jessy View Post
                know it CAN'T be...?

How do you know it can't be?

I'm not one to kiss and tell, or burn and tell, or any combination therein.
                See my user profile for gear information. Then forget about that stuff and go take pictures! And then some more pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by Fixcinater View Post

I'm not one to kiss and tell, or burn and tell, or any combination therein.
                  Maybe burn and scream????
                  Cheers
                  John
                  Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Fixcinater View Post
                    Well I was giving you the benefit of the doubt....but if you don't want it...then I'll just say...that's an AWFULLY small candle. Votive size if I'm not mistaken? That would make said object no bigger than 1" in diameter.

my condolences Eve.
                    Shooting Nikon D90
                    11-16mm f/2.8 of pure Tokina sexiness
                    18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 VR Nikkor
                    50mm f/1.8 Nikkor
                    35mm f/1.8 Nikkor Dx
                    55-200mm f/4-5.6 DI Quantary -FOR SALE

www.creativesoup.com

Comment

Here is my submission. A little book supported by a big book.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8750960@N02/3941877171/

Last edited by aspire; 09-28-2009, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Winner.
                        Cheers
                        John
                        Flickr

Comment

thank you

Comment

ooohh i love this months challenge! books and photography...mm... old picture taken with Pentax k1000...unfortunately you can't really read the text...)= "La Bātarde" by Violette Leduc

Comment

aspire submits photo - game over for me.
                              Without others thinking you are good, it doesn't matter how good you think you are.

http://dkbarto.daportfolio.com

Comment

Working...
                              X