June Challenge Voting - Contrasts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June Challenge Voting - Contrasts

As described in the challenge thread, this month's give-away is a SmugMug account, good for one year.

In no particular order:

Fixcinater

GarryHall:

BRB Photography:

Hammster:

Mac:

Aspire:

G-M Photography:

Randaddy:

shainblum:

rowelld:

Good luck everybody! One vote, so use it wisely!
    Fixcinater
    14.29%
    GarryHall
    32.14%
    BRB Photography
    3.57%
    Hammster
    7.14%
    Mac
    0.00%
    Aspire
    0.00%
    G-M Photography
    0.00%
    Randaddy
    0.00%
    shainblum
    35.71%
    rowelld
    7.14%

The poll is expired.

See my user profile for gear information. Then forget about that stuff and go take pictures! And then some more pictures!

Re: June Challenge Voting - Contrasts

For me it was a tie between fix and gary. But in the end I picked fix's because it had more unique contrasting elements. The bikers on opposing curves, the curvy road vs the straight line in the background and contrasting colors

Great submissions overall this month guys
    Shooting Nikon D90
    11-16mm f/2.8 of pure Tokina sexiness
    18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 VR Nikkor
    50mm f/1.8 Nikkor
    35mm f/1.8 Nikkor Dx
    55-200mm f/4-5.6 DI Quantary -FOR SALE

www.creativesoup.com

Comment

tough tie between shain fix and garry... I think that fix had many more types of contrast as opposed to garry or shains although I liked all three very much... tough one... I wanted to enter this contest but I completely spaced the deadline and I actually had a **** good idea for a photo... oh well... perhaps the next time contrast comes up I'll do it

Comment

I'll take you on in a one on one challenge. j/k. I'll be doing mine as soon as my house is back unpacked. Do yours and post it up anyway...
        Throw a little light. If it doesn't come back, it probably fell off...
        Cheers
        John
        Flickr
        Nikon D80 (nicknamed Cylopsoid)
        Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 Lovin' it. I could glue it to my camera and be happy.
        Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 It's the older model w/o the AF motor and it focuses FAST. It's just like the 17-50, only longer.
        Nikkor 50mm f1.8d <------creammmmmy
        Nikkor 18-55 kit Now in a deep slumber.
        Quantaray 28-82 Somewhere in the house.
        Nikon N65 Back for the resurrection tour! Coming to defend the faith...
        (This spot being saved for hopefully a G9 or G11) Shhhh, I know those are Canons...

Comment

ok ok I'll be taking it sometime in the next week if possible... I'm gonna be really busy over then next few weeks

Comment

Thanks guys for a great contest. Good turn-out this month both in entries and voting.

Congrats to shainblum, winner with a great photo. We'll be posting up July's challenge soon, so watch this space!

Everybody should be able to get a shot snapped off before the end of the month for July, so let's try to get the best turnout we've ever done here at SDPF!
            See my user profile for gear information. Then forget about that stuff and go take pictures! And then some more pictures!

Comment

Congrats blummr....
              Marshall

If I don't give you a hard time at some point then it just means I don't like you. It's all fun and games.

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
              Current Activity: Daydreaming about his trips in November and December.

Comment

Congrats Shainblum! Silhouettes are always great images for contrasts.
                m+m Photography
                My Pbase

Comment

Originally posted by Mac View Post
                  Congrats Shainblum! Silhouettes are always great images for contrasts.
                  So shaneblum, fix tlls me your relegating the place to garyhall? Nice of you. I see you already have a pretty cool flash site, nice work, and thanks for being a gentleman about it.

So Garyhall, belated congrats on the win and Pro Smugmug site! I will PM you on setting up the site. Whats the next challenge going to be?
                  m+m Photography
                  My Pbase

Comment

Originally posted by Mac View Post
                    So shaneblum, fix tlls me your relegating the place to garyhall? Nice of you. I see you already have a pretty cool flash site, nice work, and thanks for being a gentleman about it.

So Garyhall, belated congrats on the win and Pro Smugmug site! I will PM you on setting up the site. Whats the next challenge going to be?
                    Well *expletive-deleted*! That's very awesome of you Mr. Shainblum (your site is very nice btw)! And thanks Mac, that's way cool!
                    www.garryh.com

Strike the Design

Comment

Originally posted by GarryHall View Post
                      Well *expletive-deleted*! That's very awesome of you Mr. Shainblum (your site is very nice btw)! And thanks Mac, that's way cool!
                      thanks man, and no problem, i like ur shot better than mine anyways
                      website
                      http://shainblumphoto.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X