Photo Feedback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Feedback

I mentioned at Saturdays Lens Workshop that I previously posted quite a bit to a place called Photo.Net. Another photography site that was at one time a good place to learn from people all over the world, literally. Unfortunately it changed, a great deal. If you post there today to the Critique Forum, one would get rated (They have a 1-7 rating system) without feedback mostly from non-members and usually a low rating on some really great photos posted there. Don't get me wrong. I appreciate feedback, as much as one is willing to give, I will take, graciously!

Now not to be too long winded, which I can easily do. I have had better success in getting feedback here on one photo, than I had on my last 20 photos on Photo.Net. THANK YOU all! I have only been shooting a few short years and I know I have a lot to learn. One of the reasons I love photography so much is that there is so much to learn and there is no end to the potential subject matter, just limits one one mind. This is just a long way to saying thanks and I hope this never changes here. I think I'm going to be hanging around for a while. Sorry....
    The camera makes you forget you're there. It's not like you are hiding but you forget, you are just looking so much.
    Annie Leibovitz

Re: Photo Feedback

Yes thank you no come again sorry you're welcome. Seriously, you're welcome and thank you. Though you may feel like you've got a lot to learn, we want to hear your thoughts on our work as well. Good or bad. Questions as to why we did or didn't do something, etc.
    Throw a little light. If it doesn't come back, it probably fell off...
    Cheers
    John
    Flickr
    Nikon D80 (nicknamed Cylopsoid)
    Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 Lovin' it. I could glue it to my camera and be happy.
    Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 It's the older model w/o the AF motor and it focuses FAST. It's just like the 17-50, only longer.
    Nikkor 50mm f1.8d <------creammmmmy
    Nikkor 18-55 kit Now in a deep slumber.
    Quantaray 28-82 Somewhere in the house.
    Nikon N65 Back for the resurrection tour! Coming to defend the faith...
    (This spot being saved for hopefully a G9 or G11) Shhhh, I know those are Canons...

Comment

I've also tried posting to Photo.net and have gotten sick of the elitist attitude that can show up. Lots of bickering and just general wasting of time, which is really unfortunate given their established base of real pros that hang out there and could contribute a lot to each other and the newbies looking to improve.

I'm sticking around here, too. I hope we can help this forum to grow and yet retain the close-knit nature of it's member base and intelligent discourse it currently enjoys.
      See my user profile for gear information. Then forget about that stuff and go take pictures! And then some more pictures!

Comment

I just live here.

"I've Got A Fever And The Only Prescription Is More Pictures"

For Quotes And Comissions Please Email Me.

Know Anyone Heading For Foreclosure? I Can Help!

San Diego Wedding and Portrait Photography

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
        Current Activity: Banning Spammers

Comment

"intelligent discourse it currently enjoys."

Yeah, maybe the smart people will hang around too....
          The camera makes you forget you're there. It's not like you are hiding but you forget, you are just looking so much.
          Annie Leibovitz

Comment

Great now we're going to be stuck with Lburk forever. JK. I love this site very informative members here that give great tips and feedback as well as great workshops.
            Jeff
            http://picasaweb.google.com/jholzphoto

Comment

Yeah I'm kind of like a tick. Once I latch on to something good I don't let go, unless of course you put a flame to my head.
              Annie Leibovitz

Comment

Ok who brought matches. LOL
                Jeff
                http://picasaweb.google.com/jholzphoto

Comment

Have you seen RedBubble? I was on Photo.Net as well but I moved over to RedBubble.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsBlueBalls View Post
                    Have you seen RedBubble? I was on Photo.Net as well but I moved over to RedBubble.
                    No I hadn't heard of Redbubble until now. I did check it out a little. I seems like a large site. One thing I like about SDPF is that it is a relatively small group, but more importantly is the way we can setup shoots and workshops because for the most part we're locals. I will be looking at Redbubble more because there are a lot of interesting photos there which equals a lot more for me to learn from.
                    Annie Leibovitz

Comment

I like a little of both. I like the local groups for the same as you brought out, workshops, etc. But RedBubble is nice for me because I have more than just photography as an interest. Besides....there is just some incredible talent there!

They have forums and lots of different groups that have meet ups in different areas. There is a lot of artists based in Melbourne Australia, my second home, that's how I found out about the site.

Comment

It is an interesting site that I will become more familiar with. I have always wanted to visit Australia. One of my favorite nature photographers is from there, Birtie Persons. She is very involved in endangered species protection especially frogs. She is a great person and a great macro photographer.
                        Annie Leibovitz

Comment

You should go! I absolutely love Australia. The plan is to eventually move back. I adore Melbourne. My husband is an Aussie, and he's been from one end of that continent to the other, but loves Melbourne best. We have yet to head up to Queensland together. Our house mate is from Darwin and we're really hoping that we can all make the trip back out there again soon.

I've this is the first year I haven't been back in awhile.

Comment

Working...
                          X