This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A thank you to all of our members!

Just wanted to take the time to thank all of our contributing members. You guys and gals are the greatest members in the world. Thank you for all the fun times that we've had on this website so far. We've got over 2700 posts and over 400 threads. You guys rock!

All of you are great and there's no doubt that this website is becoming a big success for local photographers to share their knowledge and photos with those who are new to photography and even those of us who are still learning.

All of us here on the staff and most of the members who have e-mailed us love the fact that everyone is so honest when it comes to giving feedback. Everyone here is willing to take the time to explain things without being condescending about it and we here at the staff really appreciate it. You are some of the nicest people on the web and it's a pleasure to have y'all on this website.

It's been a great 6 months since the website first got off the ground thanks to one guy (Nick a.k.a MaNr) who had an idea that I wish I had thought of first! I owe a lot to this guy and he rocks! Thanks for the site and the fun and most of all the friendship (and that goes out to everyone here too )!

- Marshall Starks
    Marshall

If I don't give you a hard time at some point then it just means I don't like you. It's all fun and games.

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
    Current Activity: Daydreaming about his trips in November and December.

Marshall,
    For a second I thought that you were going to say that you were leaving or the web-site was going to be sold. I'm glad that your post was just a nice thank you to the members.

Thank you for all of the time and effort that you and the staff have put into making this the best photography forum in SD!

Comment

Originally posted by DZab View Post
      Marshall,
      For a second I thought that you were going to say that you were leaving or the web-site was going to be sold. I'm glad that your post was just a nice thank you to the members.

Thank you for all of the time and effort that you and the staff have put into making this the best photography forum in SD!
      Ha ha ha, I'm not going anywhere at all... Truth is, Nick has me locked in his computer room ! HA HA HA! just kidding.

Anyway, onto the lurkers... Come on guys, we've got a great bunch of members who are always happy to help so you've got no reason to be shy.
      Marshall

If I don't give you a hard time at some point then it just means I don't like you. It's all fun and games.

Comment

Originally posted by lostinthe619 View Post
        Ha ha ha, I'm not going anywhere at all... Truth is, Nick has me locked in his computer room ! HA HA HA! just kidding.
        And Feeds him Redbull , Pizza and tweenkies !!
        My Gallerys at :www.dale.zenfolio.com

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
        "If you seek Peace, Prepair for War."

Comment

Re: A thank you to all of our members!

Just wanted to thank our members again... I just spent the last 20+ minutes putting together this months photo of the month voting thread!!!! *Phew 20 Submissions* Thanks for participating everyone, you guys and gals are awesome.
          Marshall

Comment

You are welcome. I didn't submit a pic for May, but I will next time.

Comment

Being new to photography and very new to this site I can honestly say it is AWESOME! I am very glad I found this website and can't wait to make it to a shoot.

Great job on the website!

Comment

Wow, here we are less than a year later and look at us now. Threads: 1,308, Posts: 9,451 and 528 Members that I know myself and the rest of the staff wouldn't trade for the world. I know I said it last year but you guys still rock! Thanks for being the best members and best photographers in San Diego!
                Marshall

Comment

Cheers!

Man, I'd love to find some time to go shoot with some of you guys in SD.
                  www.PhotosByCalvin.com

Comment

Hi Marshall,

Your post scared me at first too! I thought "Oh no, here it goes....the site is shutting down or something." but instead it was a very nice thank you note.

You are very welcome. I would like to thank you and Nick and everyone else for this awesome site! It has given me courage to try new things with my cameras and I too love the honest feed back.

I do have some exciting news to share and not sure if this is the right place, but an ad agency saw one of my pics on flickr and made on offer on it for some serious $$ and I accepted! I have sold my first picture!! I was trilled that they were a large agency who has clients like the wall street journal, etc. One of my pics of Lake Powell will be in a summer ad campaign for the Utah office of tourism. Yippee!!

So thank you all for helping me with silly questions and such over the last few months. I have learned so much just by seeing so many AMAZING photos that you all post here.

You all rock!

Hugs,

Pegster22

Comment

That is awesome!!!!!! Congrats and be sure to pick up a few copies for your coffee table :-)

Comment

Pegster, that is some really good news and Congratulations are in order, feels good dont it , and I hope you sell a million of them, way to go my friend !!!
                        My Gallerys at :www.dale.zenfolio.com

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
                        "If you seek Peace, Prepair for War."

Comment

Thank you guys, It does feel great. It was just so unexpected and the fact that they found my photo out of all those photos on Flickr, it is like a needle in a hay stack. Lovin the feeling that is for sure.

Thanks again,

Peggi

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall Starks View Post
                            Wow, here we are less than a year later and look at us now. Threads: 1,308, Posts: 9,451 and 528 Members that I know myself and the rest of the staff wouldn't trade for the world. I know I said it last year but you guys still rock! Thanks for being the best members and best photographers in San Diego!
                            YOU GUYS STILL ROCK! Threads: 2,545, Posts: 22,910, Members: 1,135
                            Marshall

Comment

Liking the new look Marshall!!
                              Jeff
                              http://picasaweb.google.com/jholzphoto

Comment

Working...
                              X