This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture posting FAQ

Another guide for all the cool new members in case they were wondering.

There's a couple ways to post photos in the forum. The first way is to use an web gallery somewhere online i.e. Flickr, Photobucket... If you choose to go that route, the process will work like this.

When posting a new thread, fill in the relevant info pertaining to the thread and then when you're ready to put in your images click this icon in the tool bar of the text box and place the url to the picture in there and you're done.

If you'd rather not have your images hosted online and would like to just upload them to the site then that works as well. Once again, when creating a new thread fill in the info. Then when you're ready to place your image in you just click the attachment icon at the top of the tool bar, upload the images and you're done.

Max dimensions for all images are 1000 x 1000.

Now for the gallery, all you have to do is go to the upload page. Browse for the file, select the category and fill in the title and description then hit upload.
    Marshall

If I don't give you a hard time at some point then it just means I don't like you. It's all fun and games.

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
    Current Activity: Daydreaming about his trips in November and December.

Re: Picture posting FAQ

thanks very much--i will try this later--I use apple, me.com and their gallery from Iphoto. thanks again, larry

Comment

Additional note. Many members are having problems posting their images through Picassa. The images are showing up as red Xs. I can only speak for Flickr and Smugmug when it comes to image posting, but what I can say for them is that I've never had an image fail to be seen. I use Flickr 99% of the time and have posted a handful from Smugmug. Hope this helps...
      Throw a little light. If it doesn't come back, it probably fell off...
      Cheers
      John
      Flickr
      Nikon D80 (nicknamed Cylopsoid)
      Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 Lovin' it. I could glue it to my camera and be happy.
      Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 It's the older model w/o the AF motor and it focuses FAST. It's just like the 17-50, only longer.
      Nikkor 50mm f1.8d <------creammmmmy
      Nikkor 18-55 kit Now in a deep slumber.
      Quantaray 28-82 Somewhere in the house.
      Nikon N65 Back for the resurrection tour! Coming to defend the faith...
      (This spot being saved for hopefully a G9 or G11) Shhhh, I know those are Canons...

Comment

Just a Reminder, We Have a REMOVED here on the forum.
        Last edited by Nick Ruiz; 07-22-2017, 11:42 AM.

"I've Got A Fever And The Only Prescription Is More Pictures"

For Quotes And Comissions Please Email Me.

Know Anyone Heading For Foreclosure? I Can Help!

San Diego Wedding and Portrait Photography

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
        Current Activity: Banning Spammers

Comment

Thank you for any information.

Comment

Working...
          X