Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way to set an "ignore" feature on someone..?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any way to set an "ignore" feature on someone..?

I'm not going to get into specifics, because the whole point of an "ignore" feature is to let someone quietly side-step issues or problems with someone, WITHOUT having to announce it to the world. Indeed, on other forums, posts which start out "I'm adding so-and-so to my ignore list!" are in bad form (if you just want to ignore them, why bother announce it?)...

But is there any way we can get an "ignore" function turned on for this website? When used appropriately, the ignore function is really good at diffusing needless arguments before they start.

Re: Is there any way to set an "ignore" feature on someone..?

If you don't like me, I can take it. ;-)

And I agree, most forums of this type do have such a feature. I've not found any need for it here (yet) however on others I have used it to block those who I found annoying.
    Without others thinking you are good, it doesn't matter how good you think you are.

http://dkbarto.daportfolio.com

Comment

I think this is it...

Go to your "User CP" up top. Then the "Edit Ignore List" should be on the panel on the left.

HTH
      My posts are natural products. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Comment

Also, if the issue continues to grow please don't hesitate to contact the staff.
        Marshall

If I don't give you a hard time at some point then it just means I don't like you. It's all fun and games.

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
        Current Activity: Daydreaming about his trips in November and December.

Comment

Why do you want to ignore me? All I did was clone out your models shiny face!
          Shooting Nikon D90
          11-16mm f/2.8 of pure Tokina sexiness
          18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 VR Nikkor
          50mm f/1.8 Nikkor
          35mm f/1.8 Nikkor Dx
          55-200mm f/4-5.6 DI Quantary -FOR SALE

www.creativesoup.com

Comment

Hehe okay everybody... actually, I'm sure the drama is more about my issues than any one particular person I'd like to ignore. Having been on various forums online for almost twenty years, I just have an instinct as to when I need to put the breaks on.

I certainly hope no one feels targeted or insulted (I realize you all are joking in this thread)... I certainly appreciate the bounty of help I've received in these forums, and in a way the Ignore feature is a way to help me keep my contributions positive.

Comment

Working...
            X