X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nativescapes Path

Path at Nativescapes

What could be better, worse, etc.
    Without others thinking you are good, it doesn't matter how good you think you are.

http://dkbarto.daportfolio.com

Re: Nativescapes Path

I like the composition. The shadows are too strong but I'm sure there was nothing you could do besides bracketing.
    What I do notice is the Strong Chromatic Aberration on the upper left of the trees.

"I've Got A Fever And The Only Prescription Is More Pictures"

For Quotes And Comissions Please Email Me.

Know Anyone Heading For Foreclosure? I Can Help!

San Diego Wedding and Portrait Photography

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
    Current Activity: Banning Spammers

Comment

No depth in the image, darks are way too dark, horizon is off. No real subject of interest in the photo, my mind just wanders.
      Marshall

If I don't give you a hard time at some point then it just means I don't like you. It's all fun and games.

Current Activity: Daydreaming about his trips in November and December.

Comment

I like the sky. The lower part is just landscaping.

What these fellows above said, pretty much.

Comment

The black spot - possibly a dead pixel in the CCD. I'll have to check this out.

I didn't notice that, and I'm sad to have to admit it.
          Without others thinking you are good, it doesn't matter how good you think you are.

Comment

Oh man thats not good, I thought it was a bird or even a UFO! I guess it is a bit to dark to be a bird @ that distance.

"I've Got A Fever And The Only Prescription Is More Pictures"

For Quotes And Comissions Please Email Me.

Know Anyone Heading For Foreclosure? I Can Help!

San Diego Wedding and Portrait Photography

Current Activity: Banning Spammers

Comment

Quick check of the original DNG shows that it is dirt on the sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by Fixcinater
                Any response to the critiques?
                Uh - Yep, all good. :P

When I took the photo, I was actually there to pickup some material for a plant sale, and happened to notice the clouds and shadows. I may have pushed too hard with the shadows, and thus the C/A in the upper left.

As to the discussion of the photo:
                I wish the path changed direction, however it just wanders down, then makes a T into another path.
                I couldn't move the hose, and when I thought about it, as my style is more 'here is the way the world is, live it' I don't clone things in or out. Thus you can walk down the path and know where you've seen it before.
                About mid-day lighting: Has every photo of any distinction been taken during the golden hour or using artificial lighting? Henri Cartier-Bresson might disagree.

All the comments about the photo are fair, and I have no reason to argue with any of them.

Thanks to all for the comments and I'll be out there soon and check out a different path to see what may happen with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fixcinater
                  . . . what was your intent in recording this scene as you did?
                  My intent on this particular photo was to take it and put it into the critique forum for discussion. I was wondering what others would say about the lighting, composition, and overall effect of the photo.

I've been learning a lot from the folks here and this photo was taken specifically to discover more about how I take them, and what people think of them.

I'm not going to get graded (like some others who hang out around here), and I always enjoy and look forward to feedback.

Comment

Working...
                  X