Red Maple

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Maple

I went for a short walk with my camera today. Got a few images that I feel convey what my mood was, so I'll post them up as I get them prepped and up on Flickr.

See my user profile for gear information. Then forget about that stuff and go take pictures! And then some more pictures!

Re: Red Maple

Doesn't this belong in the bokeh challenge? :P Very nice, muted color. And, once again, very skilled abstraction.

My only concern is, if this photograph is how you were feeling, maybe you should consider an anti-depressant? ;P

Comment

Here's image #2:

See my user profile for gear information. Then forget about that stuff and go take pictures! And then some more pictures!

Comment

Oooh the reds are just luscious here... The framing is a bit tight, but it's still very good work. Also, nice contrast with the green background...

Comment

I LOVE the second photo. The color just POPS.

Comment

I like both of them.

The first one reminded me of an old grungy film picture. It seems a bit muted. If I were editing it, I would pop the vibrance a bit and maybe add a filter or some vignetting.

Comment

Wow. Both are so different and really good. Agreed that the colors on #2 are jumping off the page. The selective focus and "retro" tone on #1 is awesome. Is #1 cross-processed?
              www.garryh.com

Strike the Design

Comment

My only problem with 1 is the (power pole/line) in the background.

2 is just amazing in color, framing and overall impact. Sweet.
                Without others thinking you are good, it doesn't matter how good you think you are.

http://dkbarto.daportfolio.com

Comment

Originally posted by GarryHall View Post
                  Wow. Both are so different and really good. Agreed that the colors on #2 are jumping off the page. The selective focus and "retro" tone on #1 is awesome. Is #1 cross-processed?

I used a few different filters in NIK's Color Efex Pro, one of which was a Cyan C41 to E6 cross process emulation, which I am finding more and more to my liking.

Comment

Originally posted by dkbarto View Post
                    My only problem with 1 is the (power pole/line) in the background.

2 is just amazing in color, framing and overall impact. Sweet.

You don't think the framing is too tight? Sometimes as I look at it, it feels too loose (should have really filled the frame with the in-focus leaves, and sometimes I wish I had backed away 6" or so, to get more of the green background. Maybe it's fine in the middle as it sits now.

Comment

Originally posted by Fixcinater View Post
                      You don't think the framing is too tight? Sometimes as I look at it, it feels too loose (should have really filled the frame with the in-focus leaves, and sometimes I wish I had backed away 6" or so, to get more of the green background. Maybe it's fine in the middle as it sits now.
                      I don't find the framing to be too tight. The close crop lets the color fill the image and (to my eye) provides more impact.

Remember that I'm red/green colorblind, so what I see is not what you see, so the difference in opinion about framing/color applies to my eyes.
                      Without others thinking you are good, it doesn't matter how good you think you are.

http://dkbarto.daportfolio.com

Comment

Working...
                      X