Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few from Balboa Park 8/25

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A few from Balboa Park 8/25

    A bit crowded yesterday but found some opportunities for isolated shots. Wish I had my CP with me for the lili/koi pond. Enjoy!

    #1


    #2


    #3
    Ron In Photography

  • #2
    Re: A few from Balboa Park 8/25

    What is a CP? I like the tower, but there is too much grass in the front for me. The 2nd image would look cool in BW probably. Try a conversion and see what happens.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: A few from Balboa Park 8/25

      Tried your suggestions and it makes big a difference!

      CP is a circular polarizer. It would have been better if the reflections on the water surface were filtered out.

      Originally posted by Renay Johnson View Post
      What is a CP? I like the tower, but there is too much grass in the front for me. The 2nd image would look cool in BW probably. Try a conversion and see what happens.
      Ron In Photography

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: A few from Balboa Park 8/25

        Good stuff Ron. Not sure if it's just my flat panel, but the WB looks a little off on #1. The sky is a little too pink. Then again that could've been shot around sunset and that was how pink the sky actually was.
        Marshall

        If I don't give you a hard time at some point then it just means I don't like you. It's all fun and games.

        Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
        Current Activity: Daydreaming about his trips in November and December.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: A few from Balboa Park 8/25

          Could be my rear projection "monitor". Haven't calibrated the settings since upgrading the video card with default driver settings.

          Originally posted by Marshall Starks View Post
          Good stuff Ron. Not sure if it's just my flat panel, but the WB looks a little off on #1. The sky is a little too pink. Then again that could've been shot around sunset and that was how pink the sky actually was.
          Ron In Photography

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: A few from Balboa Park 8/25

            It has to be an optical illusion, but the Casa Del Prado theatre picture looks like it's tilted.
            First one is my fave.
            Mike
            D300
            D40
            18-55mm, 55-200mm, 300mm f/4
            SB400
            Argus C3

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: A few from Balboa Park 8/25

              Originally posted by Hammster View Post
              It has to be an optical illusion, but the Casa Del Prado theatre picture looks like it's tilted.
              First one is my fave.
              Unless it's the BW conversion because I didn't notice the tilt in the original post. I love Balboa Park. There's always something to photograph and again, you get to see another photographer's rendition of something you photographed.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: A few from Balboa Park 8/25

                I swear it looked straight the first time around, then again I may have been looking at it from an angle the first time I was post processing it since I sit 8' from my rear projection HDTV (have my computer hooked up to it). I was fixing the skew from the original shot since I was no more than 20' from the base of the theater using my 10-22mm.
                Ron In Photography

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: A few from Balboa Park 8/25

                  Cool photos!! I definitely want to go Balboa Park now and take some pics!!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X