"Why Can't I Find a Woman Like That?" - Rick Springfield

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Why Can't I Find a Woman Like That?" - Rick Springfield

A few shots taken at a Rick Springfield (aka Dr. Noah Drake) concert.

-Adam

www.adamstravelphotography.com

Re: "Why Can't I Find a Woman Like That?" - Rick Springfield

Very nice work here, all of them are nice and sharp minus the motion blur on the one before the last one.
    Marshall

If I don't give you a hard time at some point then it just means I don't like you. It's all fun and games.

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
    Current Activity: Daydreaming about his trips in November and December.

Comment

How about some details on the technique used? ISO, Lens etc?
      Without others thinking you are good, it doesn't matter how good you think you are.

http://dkbarto.daportfolio.com

Comment

Agree with DKbarto, Those are pretty sharp and I don't really see any noise to be an issue.

"I've Got A Fever And The Only Prescription Is More Pictures"

For Quotes And Comissions Please Email Me.

Know Anyone Heading For Foreclosure? I Can Help!

San Diego Wedding and Portrait Photography

Current Activity: Banning Spammers

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Ruiz View Post
          Agree with DKbarto, Those are pretty sharp and I don't really see any noise to be an issue.
          Originally posted by dkbarto View Post
          How about some details on the technique used? ISO, Lens etc?
          You two and the rest of the form will laugh when I say this, all of my shots are taken in JPEG and all I have to alter or change my photos is Elements 4.0. I'm a strong believer in getting it right in camera.

These were all taken with a Canon 5D and a 100-400L lens in manual mode. The ISO was set at either 800 or 1000, f-stop 5.6 and the shutter speed was around 1/125 to 1/160. All shots were hand held.

This too will sound silly by I studied some of his concert footage. Like most people my age, (38) I'm very familiar with his music and I know when he is going to pause in the song, hold a long note, etc. That along with watching some Youtube and other concert material I was able to prepare myself for right moments to shoot. It sound like a silly geeky thing to do but it works.
          -Adam

www.adamstravelphotography.com

Comment

Really smart move Adam, never would of thought to do that.
            Marshall

If I don't give you a hard time at some point then it just means I don't like you. It's all fun and games.

Current Activity: Daydreaming about his trips in November and December.

Comment

I've talked to other photographers who do nothing but concert photography. They shoot exactly as you mentioned: JPEG at about ISO 800. One fellow has been doing nothing but rock concerts for all his income for the last 20 years. So your technique matches the pros and confirms what I've been learning.

Great idea to watch the youtube stuff before hand to know where to look and setup before the photo happens. Shows you know your stuff.

Excellent photos. I'm sure you enjoyed the show as well.
              Without others thinking you are good, it doesn't matter how good you think you are.

http://dkbarto.daportfolio.com

Comment

Niiiice shots!
                Colleen
                Sony A700, 18-70mm 3.5-5.6, 75-300mm 4.5-5.6, 50mm 1.4, 85mm Carl Zeiss 1.4, HVL-F36AM Sony flash, Alien Bees B1600 monolight

Comment

Very nice shots...good concert images ar enot that easy to get.

And I'll reserve my snide comments on having to endure Rick Springfield music to get the shots...

Comment

Working...
                  X