• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Over The Line Festival Fiesta Island

Enjoy! cc welcome

Re: 2009 Over The Line Festival Fiesta Island

#1 and #4 are just fantastic.
    While #1 has a bit of clutter in the background, it is still a good overall OTL photo, with the action and the watchers.

I think the general opinion of the 'tilt' photos around here is well known.
    Without others thinking you are good, it doesn't matter how good you think you are.

http://dkbarto.daportfolio.com

Comment

lol thank you, and I decided to tilt the photo to show depth and follow the lines of the ropes

Comment

I'm sure you've noticed this, but you have a spot on your sensor near the top right of your first couple frames.

Yell all you want, I think the tilt works on this one.
        See my user profile for gear information. Then forget about that stuff and go take pictures! And then some more pictures!

Comment

yeah it was on the glass

Comment

Originally posted by dkbarto View Post

I think the general opinion of the 'tilt' photos around here is well known.
            You got that right brother!

Comment

#1 is really nice, i wish #4 was less blurry though
              website
              http://shainblumphoto.com/

Comment

Is there a sandstorm during #2?

Comment

Originally posted by Renay Johnson View Post
                  Is there a sandstorm during #2?
                  yes..like crazy..probably 40 mile an hour winds lol i still have sand in my hair lmao

Comment

Are you SURE you went to OTL? I only see guys in the sand hitting a softball...
                    Cool shots.
                    Throw a little light. If it doesn't come back, it probably fell off...
                    Cheers
                    John
                    Flickr
                    Nikon D80 (nicknamed Cylopsoid)
                    Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 Lovin' it. I could glue it to my camera and be happy.
                    Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 It's the older model w/o the AF motor and it focuses FAST. It's just like the 17-50, only longer.
                    Nikkor 50mm f1.8d <------creammmmmy
                    Nikkor 18-55 kit Now in a deep slumber.
                    Quantaray 28-82 Somewhere in the house.
                    Nikon N65 Back for the resurrection tour! Coming to defend the faith...
                    (This spot being saved for hopefully a G9 or G11) Shhhh, I know those are Canons...

Comment

Originally posted by inSANe DIEGO View Post
                      Are you SURE you went to OTL? I only see guys in the sand hitting a softball...
                      Cool shots.
                      My first thought as well, then I realized that the softball thing is what it is supposed to be about. The other stuff is secondary.
                      Without others thinking you are good, it doesn't matter how good you think you are.

Comment

Originally posted by dkbarto View Post
                        My first thought as well, then I realized that the softball thing is what it is supposed to be about. The other stuff is secondary.
                        Hmmmm. I have to respectfully disagree. I've talked to quite a few old OMBACers (this was in '89 and they were old then!) and according to them OTL was party first, game second. How was the game developed? Partiers were drinking and decided to play softball in the sand. They were too drunk to run so they made it Three Flies Up with teams instead. Though actual credit going to OMBAC for inventing the game is debatable, I think there's sufficient evidence to say OMBAC's intention was party first, OTL second.
                        Know the "Yes B"s... Beach, Boobs, Beer, Bats, and Balls. More importantly, know the "No Bs"... Bikes, Bottles, Bowzers, and Babies. My uncle was pissed at me when I took his 14 year old daughter that was visiting for summer in 1991. He used to go in the early 70's and it was enough then to make him horrified of what she may have seen 1991. You've heard of the Miss Emerson contest? Notice how the winner isn't necesarily as pretty as the other contestants? It's cuz she's picked for her bosom. Emerson is a ficticious name that sounds closely to "...'em 're some'" as in "Miss... 'em 're some BIG ----!"
                        Cheers
                        John
                        Flickr
                        Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 It's the older model w/o the AF motor and it focuses FAST. It's just like the 17-50, only longer.
                        (This spot being saved for hopefully a G9 or G11) Shhhh, I know those are Canons...

Comment

ok ok...LOL so its about babes lmao..

Comment

Gold lame bikini. And not much of it.

That is the OTL I remember.

Comment

+1 DK. I wonder if she has heard of Wicked Weasel Swimwear...
                              Cheers
                              John
                              Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X