2009 PGA Championship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 PGA Championship

Here's a few shots taken on the final practice before the 1st round. If you are looking for Tiger shots you can stop now. He decided to skip the last practice (proved to be a bad idea).

However, I was able to capture a few of his other PGA friends.

John Daly

Davis Love III

Colin Montgomerie

John Daly with his bag

Keith Dicciani

Mark Sheftic

Phil Mickelson

John Daly takes a smoking break

Michael Sim

Davis Love III

Rory McIlroy

Fred Couples

John Daly

Chris Wood

Crowds gather around one of the greens

John Daly again
    -Adam

www.adamstravelphotography.com

Re: 2009 PGA Championship

The first John Daly shot has a really nice sense of motion, and also good composition. All that dirt mid-air is neat. Good job overall, as well...

Comment

Daly cracks me up.
      Marshall

If I don't give you a hard time at some point then it just means I don't like you. It's all fun and games.

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
      Current Activity: Daydreaming about his trips in November and December.

Comment

#1. These are some nice images. Nice color, nice action from club hitting sand.
        #2. I think John Daly looks like a fool. He could at least not smoke during the play time. Wait til he gets to the lockeroom or something. Looks bad and tacky, but then again, he is a hot mess.
        #3. You may want to clean your sensor, the first image shows sensor spots on the white board.

Comment

The club/ball action shots were the ones that stood out for me. Excellent timing.
          Without others thinking you are good, it doesn't matter how good you think you are.

http://dkbarto.daportfolio.com

Comment

What the heck is John Daly wearing!?

Comment

Originally posted by meecelin View Post
              What the heck is John Daly wearing!?
              Something that says "I'm an immature man-child who needs extra attention and isn't satisfied with people just paying attention to me through my skill at golfing."

Comment

I think it's awesome. I read into Daly as he's out there loving what he's doing and having a blast while doing it. A goofball who has skills and golf is his job but remembers to have fun along the way. Most pro athletes don't remember that it's a game, it's just like watching kids play baseball as opposed to pros. The kids go out there and leave it all out on the field just having fun, not a lot of pros have that mentality.
                Marshall

If I don't give you a hard time at some point then it just means I don't like you. It's all fun and games.

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
                Current Activity: Daydreaming about his trips in November and December.

Comment

Daly USED to be like all those other guys. IIRC he went through a bout of depression and had a big drinking problem as a result just after his career took off. He went the University of Arkansas when I was there. The pressure to conform and perform was a bit much. I think now, as Marshall said, he's learned to make the game more about him and less about the country club. The "bad boy" thing worked for Agassi in tennis. Why not Daly in golf?
                  Throw a little light. If it doesn't come back, it probably fell off...
                  Cheers
                  John
                  Flickr
                  Nikon D80 (nicknamed Cylopsoid)
                  Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 Lovin' it. I could glue it to my camera and be happy.
                  Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 It's the older model w/o the AF motor and it focuses FAST. It's just like the 17-50, only longer.
                  Nikkor 50mm f1.8d <------creammmmmy
                  Nikkor 18-55 kit Now in a deep slumber.
                  Quantaray 28-82 Somewhere in the house.
                  Nikon N65 Back for the resurrection tour! Coming to defend the faith...
                  (This spot being saved for hopefully a G9 or G11) Shhhh, I know those are Canons...

Comment

Originally posted by inSANe DIEGO View Post
                    The "bad boy" thing worked for Agassi in tennis. Why not Daly in golf?
                    Because Agassi is HOT and Daly isn't!

Comment

Haha... true

Comment

True true! I meant if the shtick worked for someone in tennis then maybe it's time for someone to break golf out of its stuffy closet. I like those pants!

Though I'd much rather see that rebel be Anna Rawson... mmmm bad girl golf...... Okay, I'll stop now.
                        Attached Files
                        Throw a little light. If it doesn't come back, it probably fell off...
                        Cheers
                        John
                        Flickr
                        Nikon D80 (nicknamed Cylopsoid)
                        Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 Lovin' it. I could glue it to my camera and be happy.
                        Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 It's the older model w/o the AF motor and it focuses FAST. It's just like the 17-50, only longer.
                        Nikkor 50mm f1.8d <------creammmmmy
                        Nikkor 18-55 kit Now in a deep slumber.
                        Quantaray 28-82 Somewhere in the house.
                        Nikon N65 Back for the resurrection tour! Coming to defend the faith...
                        (This spot being saved for hopefully a G9 or G11) Shhhh, I know those are Canons...

Comment

Awesome shots.. Love Daly and Boom Boom.

Comment

Holy terrible pants Batman! LOL.

Cool shots

Comment

Working...
                            X