Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An oldie, but goodie...

Vivek at Salton Sea.

Strobist info: Sigma ef500dg Super low in front of subject. 1/4 power bare. Fired with Cactus V2S trigger.
    Ambient exposure approx. 2 stops under exposed.
    Throw a little light. If it doesn't come back, it probably fell off...
    Cheers
    John
    Flickr
    Nikon D80 (nicknamed Cylopsoid)
    Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 Lovin' it. I could glue it to my camera and be happy.
    Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 It's the older model w/o the AF motor and it focuses FAST. It's just like the 17-50, only longer.
    Nikkor 50mm f1.8d <------creammmmmy
    Nikkor 18-55 kit Now in a deep slumber.
    Quantaray 28-82 Somewhere in the house.
    Nikon N65 Back for the resurrection tour! Coming to defend the faith...
    (This spot being saved for hopefully a G9 or G11) Shhhh, I know those are Canons...

Re: An oldie, but goodie...

Almost looks like the ambient glow from the effect of chimping.

Nicely done.
    Without others thinking you are good, it doesn't matter how good you think you are.

http://dkbarto.daportfolio.com

Comment

That was the intent. I didn't have a snoot with me so spill got on his hand. This shot was done with flash in left hand and camera in right. This is my question. If I had a stand or helper of some sort, what could / should I have done to pull this shot off? Hint...no snoot required.
      Cheers
      John
      Flickr
      Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 It's the older model w/o the AF motor and it focuses FAST. It's just like the 17-50, only longer.
      (This spot being saved for hopefully a G9 or G11) Shhhh, I know those are Canons...

Comment

Feather it on max zoom.
        See my user profile for gear information. Then forget about that stuff and go take pictures! And then some more pictures!

Comment

That's part of it, Fix. I was looking more for where the strobe placement would be. From what I remember, you guys were all standing around laughing at me trying to hold the strobe and shoot at the same time. Thanks......
          Cheers
          John
          Flickr

Comment

Have him tie it in his shoelaces. No yoga required.

Just kidding, somebody else chime in. I have no idea.
            See my user profile for gear information. Then forget about that stuff and go take pictures! And then some more pictures!

Comment

Fix got it - tie it to his shoes. Adjust the zoom to minimize the angle of the light and then you will get a pretty neat effect.
              Without others thinking you are good, it doesn't matter how good you think you are.

http://dkbarto.daportfolio.com

Comment

Ah, I remember that trip out there... Fun with cactus triggers when they stopped working.
                Marshall

If I don't give you a hard time at some point then it just means I don't like you. It's all fun and games.

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
                Current Activity: Daydreaming about his trips in November and December.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall Starks View Post
                  Ah, I remember that trip out there... Fun with cactus triggers when they stopped working.
                  Only stopped working when YOU held the flash. I found out what the problem was tho...
                  Cheers
                  John
                  Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by inSANe DIEGO View Post
                    Only stopped working when YOU held the flash. I found out what the problem was tho...
                    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah! We won't go there on a family forum buddy!
                    Marshall

If I don't give you a hard time at some point then it just means I don't like you. It's all fun and games.

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
                    Current Activity: Daydreaming about his trips in November and December.

Comment

Working...
                    X