Calumet Photographic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calumet Photographic

Back in September I purchased the Calumet 1500 photo backpack from Calumet Photographic, I've been very happy with it. It goes everywhere with me except into the shower. (You never know what you're going to run into.) Anyhow to make a short story long. Last week I was down in the desert on a hike along the old San Diego and Arizona Eastern railroad track with my family and my gear. I was making an adjustment to the pack and the adjustment strap broke.

Today I went to Calumet to see what could be done for warranty. Honestly I was fully expecting a battle, but I got more than I expected. I put the backpack on the counter when I got there. Showed the manager Mahlon Miller what broke and explained how it happened. He walked over to the display and handed me a new one. He asked if there was anything else he could do. I asked him what I needed to do he said "nothing". There was no paperwork, no additional invoice nothing. I left. Done! That was as easy as it gets!

This is why I go to Calumet, They provide superior customer service and fair pricing. If you are in the area stop by and see them. You'll love what they have in the store and the service you get.

Re: Calumet Photographic

Yep...similar experience on a lens I bought. Copy was too soft for my liking...returned it to Calument, no questions asked. Their prices, as far as brick and mortar store goes is fair, but you can get (much) better deals on-line from reputable sellers like BH, Adorama, and Amazon. These places also have good return policies, you just won't get the same personal attention that you'll get from a local store.
    Today's a gift, that's why it's called the present.

Comment

That's good to know about Calumet. I bought my last camera and two lenses there.

Susy

Comment

Originally posted by Ty View Post
        Yep...similar experience on a lens I bought. Copy was too soft for my liking...returned it to Calument, no questions asked. Their prices, as far as brick and mortar store goes is fair, but you can get (much) better deals on-line from reputable sellers like BH, Adorama, and Amazon. These places also have good return policies, you just won't get the same personal attention that you'll get from a local store.
        The only thing I didn't like about dealing with Adorama is the phone call for the push to add on sales. I've bought from them twice and got the phone call both times.

Comment

I love having Calumet in town, especially with my penchant for very oddball stuff (like 4x5 Provia and TMax). If they don't have it in the store, which in my case is often, then they order it and it's there within a day or two.

As for deals, it seems whenever I buy equipment there, I don't pay list price. It's almost like there here to make our lives better. The last piece I bought there was my Nikon flash, and I got it new for about 10 bucks less than I could find it used on eBay. And no shipping (though tax). And the knowledge that if anything was wrong with it, that service would not be a problem.

Comment

I'll add yet more praise for Calumet. The prices are good, and the service is great. Each time that I have been there the staff has patiently answered any questions that I have, even when I make it clear that I'm not going to make a purchase that day. Any time that I've been unsure about what piece of equipment to purchase they have been able to steer me to something that meets my needs and my budget. I've had very good experiences with this store.

Comment

Working...
            X