Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +1 for WNS studios

Hey All!

On sunday i used WNS Studios, and was totally digging the price, attitude, and over all the accomodation. We reserved the bedroom for some bodoir shots and they totally brought in the sound system, cranked up the tunes, and let us use ALL the props from the mini sets. They had lighting and a screen for us to use. It was so much fun! I really had a blast and BEST of all they're open 24 hours! NO MATTER WHEN, you can get in!

www.wnsstudios.com

I found them here on the forum, and thought I'd give 'em a shot. They are brand new, so it'll only get better from here on out!
    here's a couple of shots from the shoot.

VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK! hee hee!! ENJOY!

Re: +1 for WNS studios

They hosted the last Model Meetup shoot. Good peeps there...
    Throw a little light. If it doesn't come back, it probably fell off...
    Cheers
    John
    Flickr
    Nikon D80 (nicknamed Cylopsoid)
    Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 Lovin' it. I could glue it to my camera and be happy.
    Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 It's the older model w/o the AF motor and it focuses FAST. It's just like the 17-50, only longer.
    Nikkor 50mm f1.8d <------creammmmmy
    Nikkor 18-55 kit Now in a deep slumber.
    Quantaray 28-82 Somewhere in the house.
    Nikon N65 Back for the resurrection tour! Coming to defend the faith...
    (This spot being saved for hopefully a G9 or G11) Shhhh, I know those are Canons...

Comment

Good to know. I saw they are having a shoot there on the 28th and was wondering what they were about. Beautiful shots!
      Colleen
      Sony A700, 18-70mm 3.5-5.6, 75-300mm 4.5-5.6, 50mm 1.4, 85mm Carl Zeiss 1.4, HVL-F36AM Sony flash, Alien Bees B1600 monolight

Comment

Thanks! Yes, it's an Open House! Like their Grand Opening! Ken has been working his construction BUTT off! it's comin together!

Comment

Just my two cents but the eyes look a little soft there in the second shot...
          Marshall

If I don't give you a hard time at some point then it just means I don't like you. It's all fun and games.

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
          Current Activity: Daydreaming about his trips in November and December.

Comment

how should eyes look? please tell! c & c welcome, i know u guys love ripping on me.

Comment

They just lack sharpness to me. Seems like it's soft or the focus is a tad off.
              Marshall

If I don't give you a hard time at some point then it just means I don't like you. It's all fun and games.

Comment

And I'm not ripping on you, just trying to help... Sheesh!
                Marshall

Comment

thanks for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall Starks View Post
                    They just lack sharpness to me. Seems like it's soft or the focus is a tad off.
                    See it too but it could just be the quality of the jpg...the whole image looks like a low quality save.

But you get a 'sexy sexy' on the first shot. Its my fav and I'm annoyed I didn't get to go!

Comment

thank u! i love it too.

Comment

Cool, thanks everyone for the nice comments; we are really working hard to provide a quality location for a reasonable price that photographers of all levels can enjoy.

We love sponsoring groups, events and parties here as well.

Thanks again and I am looking forward to meeting more of you hopefully soon!

Ken
                        WNS Studios
                        http://www.WNSStudios.com

Comment

What happened to the second shot? Both shots I think should have the eyes sharp. Especially the second...if that's the one that's gone now.

Super sharp is not necessarily important, but when there are areas just forward or rearward of the eyes that are in "better" focus it looks like the tog missed. Without the second shot up anymore I can't tell you where it looks like the focus went, but I do remember seeing the sharp spot. Rule of thumb is make the eyes sharp. If the DOF is so narrow that only one can be sharp make it the closer one. Rule of thumb here so if your point of interest is a little locket in her hand or something like that, make that sharp.
                          Throw a little light. If it doesn't come back, it probably fell off...
                          Cheers
                          John
                          Flickr
                          Nikon D80 (nicknamed Cylopsoid)
                          Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 Lovin' it. I could glue it to my camera and be happy.
                          Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 It's the older model w/o the AF motor and it focuses FAST. It's just like the 17-50, only longer.
                          Nikkor 50mm f1.8d <------creammmmmy
                          Nikkor 18-55 kit Now in a deep slumber.
                          Quantaray 28-82 Somewhere in the house.
                          Nikon N65 Back for the resurrection tour! Coming to defend the faith...
                          (This spot being saved for hopefully a G9 or G11) Shhhh, I know those are Canons...

Comment

Looks like you (over) softened the skin, did you do anything on her face in post? If you did soften the skin or tried to blur it, you need to mask off the eyes as they should be sharp to look natural, and less skin softening looks better than more.
                            See my user profile for gear information. Then forget about that stuff and go take pictures! And then some more pictures!

Comment

Agree with the sharpness on both. Looks like her hair got focused more on the first shot but I must say the composition is perfect. I've seen that view/angle tried over and over and they make me cringe (even tried it myself a few times). Can you post a higher RES on your website for us?

"I've Got A Fever And The Only Prescription Is More Pictures"

For Quotes And Comissions Please Email Me.

Know Anyone Heading For Foreclosure? I Can Help!

San Diego Wedding and Portrait Photography

Current Activity: Banning Spammers

Comment

Working...
                              X