Adorama.com

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adorama.com

Last week I bought a Canon 40D from adorama.com great deal but I've been wondering why they didn't ship it yet. I just called their sales dept and turns out the whole store except sales is closed for passover (1 1/2 weeks). So it looks like they wont start processing my sale until the 17th even though they already charged me for it. Just a FYI for anyone who does regular business with adorama.com

Re: Adorama.com

Same thing with B&H Photo

Comment

Both sites prominently display their closing for the various Jewish holy days throughout the year. If you try and order something, you get the "We're out for [Passover]..." notice. I've been dealing with both of them for years, and am so use to it that I don't even think about it any more.

Patience is a virtue...

Brian

Comment

Wouldn't you know it after I called them I ended up getting an email confirming shipping. So I guess they have a small crew working after all.

Comment

You will love the bigger viewfinder on the 40D. Way better feeling "in-hand" than the Rebel series after a bit of use.
          See my user profile for gear information. Then forget about that stuff and go take pictures! And then some more pictures!

Comment

Great camera choice - good bang for the buck at the moment...now start saving up for some L-glass!
            Today's a gift, that's why it's called the present.

Comment

I was debating between the 40D and the 50D I couldn't find enough new features to justify the $$$. It will be nice to shoot above iso 200 and not have so many problems.

Comment

ISO 3200 is pretty freakin' clean if you use some noise reduction and actually expose it correctly.

I'll post up some samples here once I get home and can upload them.
                See my user profile for gear information. Then forget about that stuff and go take pictures! And then some more pictures!

Comment

If I decide to spend the money for L-Lens do you guys have any recommendations on what I should go for?

Comment

70-200 2.8l is!
                    Marshall

If I don't give you a hard time at some point then it just means I don't like you. It's all fun and games.

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
                    Current Activity: Daydreaming about his trips in November and December.

Comment

For L Glass I'd recommend the 28-105 IS L. Great walking around lens. Clean and at f4 through the entire range reasonably fast.

The other is the 100-400 IS L (3.5-5.6). I was at the WAP 2 weekends ago and must have seen more than a dozen people (and myself) using this lens. Reasonably fast, clean and with good reach on the long end.

The pair goes from Wide angle to goodly telephoto for about $2.5K.

Disclaimer: I own both lenses.
                      Without others thinking you are good, it doesn't matter how good you think you are.

http://dkbarto.daportfolio.com

Comment

I shoot in low light a lot so I'd go 35mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8 and either 70-200 2.8 or 200 2.8.

The 24-70 is cool too, nice pair with the 40d as for size/weight.

Really you just have to figure out what you are going to shoot in what conditions and pick from what applies.

Comment

Originally posted by BVStaples View Post
                          Both sites prominently display their closing for the various Jewish holy days throughout the year. If you try and order something, you get the "We're out for [Passover]..." notice. I've been dealing with both of them for years, and am so use to it that I don't even think about it any more.
                          Thanks.

Comment

Canon 40D
                            ISO 3200
                            100mm f/2.0 at 2.0
                            1/50th, handheld, leaning up against a column for support.

It may not be acceptable to some esp. with regards to large prints, but I think that's a pretty darn fine result for no noise reduction (in camera or in post), after capture sharpening is applied.

1280 pixel version:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_axg5HHXnpVw/Se...4-_MG_2520.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Fixcinater View Post

Canon 40D
                              ISO 3200
                              100mm f/2.0 at 2.0
                              1/50th, handheld, leaning up against a column for support.

It may not be acceptable to some esp. with regards to large prints, but I think that's a pretty darn fine result for no noise reduction (in camera or in post), after capture sharpening is applied.

1280 pixel version:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_axg5HHXnpVw/Se...4-_MG_2520.jpg
                              Now I want a 40D!

Comment

Working...
                              X