Canon USA - Irvine, CA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon USA - Irvine, CA

Just wanted to shout out about how nice it is to have Canon local to us here in SoCal. I had a friend rolling up to the area, and decided to scope out their shop as well as get my 40D checked out/sensor cleansed.

It's a two-hour book for the sensor clean/update firmware (if it needs it) and quick general inspection, and they can also report your actual shutter actuations while doing the other work. It's $30 for the sensor cleaning as of May 1, 2009, so be prepared for that. They also cleaned the focus screen, mirror and mirror box to like-new conditions. I spoke with the customer service rep for about 5 mins while dropping off, and

I had to go in and change all my preferences on the custom functions, but a small hassle to pay for internal cleanliness.

Very satisfied Canon customer.
    See my user profile for gear information. Then forget about that stuff and go take pictures! And then some more pictures!

Re: Canon USA - Irvine, CA

Next time take the silver beast with you!
    Marshall

If I don't give you a hard time at some point then it just means I don't like you. It's all fun and games.

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
    Current Activity: Daydreaming about his trips in November and December.

Comment

It'll be another 29,874 clicks before I go back, so give me 11 months and we'll see how it is going...
      See my user profile for gear information. Then forget about that stuff and go take pictures! And then some more pictures!

Comment

Hey, we should schedule regular quarterly runs up to the Canon place and who ever is going just take a trunk full of cameras up with them!
        Today's a gift, that's why it's called the present.

Comment

Can you just walk in and drop it off then pick it up in a couple hours?? Do you need to make an appointment?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyz View Post
            Can you just walk in and drop it off then pick it up in a couple hours?? Do you need to make an appointment?
            walk in pick up about 2 hrs later
            Shooting Nikon D90
            11-16mm f/2.8 of pure Tokina sexiness
            18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 VR Nikkor
            50mm f/1.8 Nikkor
            35mm f/1.8 Nikkor Dx
            55-200mm f/4-5.6 DI Quantary -FOR SALE

www.creativesoup.com

Comment

Originally posted by tonyz View Post

No appointment necessary, sounded like standard wait is 2 hrs. I dropped off around 2:30 and it was done by the time I showed up at 4:15 or so.

They close at 6:30PM.

Comment

I went last Thursday to get my sensor cleaned and stuff. It was still $30 (Anthony - that guy on the phone quoted me incorrectly) and very fast service. They did everything Anthony described above and the people were so nice. They quoted me a 1.5hr turn around since I turned my camera in around 9am.
                My posts are natural products. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Comment

Dropped of my 10-22 lens to get cleaned, had a huge dust particle that was showing up on the outer edge of the photos. Opted to have it delivered back to me and got it back in 3 days. I think it came out to < 2 days to service it and 1 day for delivery. I felt the price to get it cleaned was reasonable. Overall very satisfied!
                  Ron In Photography

Comment

ron,

How much did that cost you?

Thanks.

"I've Got A Fever And The Only Prescription Is More Pictures"

For Quotes And Comissions Please Email Me.

Know Anyone Heading For Foreclosure? I Can Help!

San Diego Wedding and Portrait Photography

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
                    Current Activity: Banning Spammers

Comment

It was $85 to clean and calibrate lens and $10 to ship it back to me. Price may vary depending on lens.

Originally posted by Nick Ruiz View Post
                      ron,

How much did that cost you?

Thanks.
                      Ron In Photography

Comment

Working...
                      X