X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixcinater
    started a topic Canon USA - Irvine, CA

Canon USA - Irvine, CA

Just wanted to shout out about how nice it is to have Canon local to us here in SoCal. I had a friend rolling up to the area, and decided to scope out their shop as well as get my 40D checked out/sensor cleansed.

It's a two-hour book for the sensor clean/update firmware (if it needs it) and quick general inspection, and they can also report your actual shutter actuations while doing the other work. It's $30 for the sensor cleaning as of May 1, 2009, so be prepared for that. They also cleaned the focus screen, mirror and mirror box to like-new conditions. I spoke with the customer service rep for about 5 mins while dropping off, and

I had to go in and change all my preferences on the custom functions, but a small hassle to pay for internal cleanliness.

Very satisfied Canon customer.

• ronsega
    replied
    Re: Canon USA - Irvine, CA

It was $85 to clean and calibrate lens and $10 to ship it back to me. Price may vary depending on lens.

Originally posted by Nick Ruiz View Post
    ron,

How much did that cost you?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Nick Ruiz
    replied

ron,

How much did that cost you?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• ronsega
    replied

Dropped of my 10-22 lens to get cleaned, had a huge dust particle that was showing up on the outer edge of the photos. Opted to have it delivered back to me and got it back in 3 days. I think it came out to < 2 days to service it and 1 day for delivery. I felt the price to get it cleaned was reasonable. Overall very satisfied!

Leave a comment:

• meecelin
    replied

I went last Thursday to get my sensor cleaned and stuff. It was still $30 (Anthony - that guy on the phone quoted me incorrectly) and very fast service. They did everything Anthony described above and the people were so nice. They quoted me a 1.5hr turn around since I turned my camera in around 9am.

Leave a comment:

• Fixcinater
    replied

Originally posted by tonyz View Post
    Can you just walk in and drop it off then pick it up in a couple hours?? Do you need to make an appointment?

No appointment necessary, sounded like standard wait is 2 hrs. I dropped off around 2:30 and it was done by the time I showed up at 4:15 or so.

They close at 6:30PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jessy
    replied

Originally posted by tonyz View Post
    Can you just walk in and drop it off then pick it up in a couple hours?? Do you need to make an appointment?
    walk in pick up about 2 hrs later

Leave a comment:

• tonyz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ty
    replied

Hey, we should schedule regular quarterly runs up to the Canon place and who ever is going just take a trunk full of cameras up with them!

Leave a comment:

• Fixcinater
    replied

It'll be another 29,874 clicks before I go back, so give me 11 months and we'll see how it is going...

Leave a comment:

• Marshall Starks
    replied

Next time take the silver beast with you!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X