Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lensrentals.com Review

Hey All,

I finally have the time to write my review of Lensrentals.com... So here we go.

The Service

I don't really know what else to say other than these guys are amazing and the customer service provided by the staff is just as amazing. As this was my first time renting gear for anything, I was a bit nervous as to how things were going to go down. A few e-mails about the misc things and I was feeling really at ease about the whole process. The best thing about LR is that everyone there knows their stuff. You can ask them a question about any product they have in stock and they'll have an answer for you.

The Quality

Upon inspection of the glass, I was extremely pleased. Both lenses 24-70 2.8L and the 70-200 IS 2.8L were in BRAND NEW condition. There were no dents, scratches or dust anywhere. The lenses worked flawlessly on the whole trek and I will definitely be renting from LR again.

Price
    They have the lowest prices ANYWHERE! It's not an opinion, it's true. I searched for hours to see if there was anyplace online or offline that had prices anywhere close to LR and found nothing. It was cheaper for the 70-200 IS 2.8L for a whole week with insurance than it was at one of the big name camera stores for a three day rental.

Other Details
    Shipping - Everything ships via USPS Priority Mail with signature required upon delivery. LR takes all the work out of the shipping the lenses back. When you make your order on the website you pay for the shipping both ways and they just stick the printed return label in the box for you to put on when your rental period has completed. Slap the label on and drop it off at the nearest post office and you're done.

Pros
    • Great quality lenses at a great price.
    • Outstanding customer service. If you need something and they don't have it, odds are that with one e-mail they'll order one just so you can be able to rent it. The staff is very knowledgeable and can answer any questions you have.
    • Website is clean and extremely easy to navigate and search for what you're looking for.
    Cons
    • I now sadly know the difference between L glass and the stuff I shoot with and I don't wanna go back to my lenses.

Overall - 5 out of 5
    I've been completely blown away by these guys on all levels and will definitely be renting from them again... Speaking of which, I've gotta place my order for the 100-400 F4L and the 1D Mk 3 for the Miramar Air Show...

Oh and Nikon folks they now have equipment rentals for you guys too...

*Dislcaimer - I am in now way connected to Lensrentals.com, other than being a previous customer.*
    Marshall

If I don't give you a hard time at some point then it just means I don't like you. It's all fun and games.

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
    Current Activity: Daydreaming about his trips in November and December.

Re: Lensrentals.com Review

Thanks for the review and link. This will really help me use some glass I really can't justify buying, but really want to try/use.

Again, thanks.

Comment

No prob, these guys did a really great job and I'm happy to recommend them.
      Marshall

If I don't give you a hard time at some point then it just means I don't like you. It's all fun and games.

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
      Current Activity: Daydreaming about his trips in November and December.

Comment

Woot! A place that rents out Nikon! Off to check it out. Thanks Marshall!

Comment

I've rented from Roger at LensRentals.com and I agree 100% with your assessment. The lowest prices around, great customer service, the ability to reserve a lens in advance and gear in flawless condition.

Comment

I'm impressed with their pricing. I'll be trying them out for airshows. I really want to try out a 400mm L glass. Good job Marshall.

Comment

Working...
            X