LightRoom/CS3 and CS4 Workshop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LightRoom/CS3 and CS4 Workshop

I've finally got things prepped and ready for my LightRoom/Photoshop workshop, by popular request!

I'm still nailing down the details on where/when, but it'll either be Nov. 21/22nd or early in December.

Please mark interest and preference on day/date/times here in this thread, and I'll post up a new thread for the official sign-up once all the details are decided.

EDIT: Let me know if you've got a laptop or desktop in this thread, I may look into renting a projector or something to help with the screen sharing and visuals.

Cost: SDPF Membership based scale (Please, cash only. Thanks)

$20-Platinum
    $25-Gold
    $30-Silver
    $35-Bronze
    $40-Member
    $50-Non-member
    Last edited by Fixcinater; 11-02-2009, 10:18 PM. Reason: Adding cost scale.
    See my user profile for gear information. Then forget about that stuff and go take pictures! And then some more pictures!

Re: LightRoom/CS3 and CS4 Workshop

Sounds like it will be fun. Curious if it'd be worth the wait for LR3 and CS5. They are just around the corner. Then again, what we learn in LR2 and CS4 will most likely be able to be reproduced in the new versions. Tools and stuff may be added, moved or taken away is all.
    Always think positive, but expect the worst and nothing bad will ever happen.

http://hanratty.smugmug.com

Gear:
    Olympus E-30
    Olympus 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 (28-84mm conversion)
    Olympus 40-150mm f/4-5.6 (80-300mm conversion)
    Olympus 70-300mm f/4-5.6 (140-600mm conversion)

Comment

I'm in... Of course mang!
      Marshall

If I don't give you a hard time at some point then it just means I don't like you. It's all fun and games.

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
      Current Activity: Daydreaming about his trips in November and December.

Comment

sounds great!

Connie

Comment

I'm in but I would prefer in December. Nov.22 is my bday
          My posts are natural products. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Comment

Originally posted by BeyondTheImage View Post
            Sounds like it will be fun. Curious if it'd be worth the wait for LR3 and CS5. They are just around the corner. Then again, what we learn in LR2 and CS4 will most likely be able to be reproduced in the new versions. Tools and stuff may be added, moved or taken away is all.

I won't be upgrading any time soon, and I'm going to teach on what I know and have used.

For anybody interested, this will be roughly 2/3rds LightRoom and 1/3rd Photoshop as there are about a bazillion ways to do anything in PS, but LightRoom is all about efficiency.
            See my user profile for gear information. Then forget about that stuff and go take pictures! And then some more pictures!

Comment

Hmm... I doubt that they'd take away too many functions, but, still, you'd have a base ground to further proceed and understand more about how to go about.

The best example I have is what Fix told me with my Spotty and the 50mm. I have other lenses and tools, but until I was comfortable using and understanding the 50mm, I was just going to fiddle and not get serious. He was right. I have a better understanding.

Don't be too concerned what you learn won't carry over into the next LR or PS. I'm still using the techniques I learned in Elements 3.0. Things change, but your prior knowledge helps you to adapt better than just fiddle and figure things out.

Comment

Hmm... I doubt that they'd take away too many functions, but, still, you'd have a base ground to further proceed and understand more about how to go about.

The best example I have is what Fix told me with my Spotty and the 50mm. I have other lenses and tools, but until I was comfortable using and understanding the 50mm, I was just going to fiddle and not get serious. He was right. I have a better understanding.

Don't be too concerned what you learn won't carry over into the next LR or PS. I'm still using the techniques I learned in Elements 3.0. Things change, but your prior knowledge helps you to adapt better than just fiddle and figure things out.

@ Fix:: Run it more than once? That way all the kinks you find in the first are worked out.

Comment

I'm excited but hoping that you'll do it November 21st as t would be the only day that I can do it. Look forward to more details. Thanks!

Comment

It's looking like I'll run this one twice before the big end of December break.

Tentatively:

November 21st
                    December 5th/12th.

Please chime in with what works better for you, and I'll make a registration thread once I nail down a location and time.

Comment

I'll be in NorCal Dec 11-14 so it'd have to be one of the other two dates for me.
                      Marshall

If I don't give you a hard time at some point then it just means I don't like you. It's all fun and games.

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
                      Current Activity: Daydreaming about his trips in November and December.

Comment

I'm available Dec 12.
                        My posts are natural products. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Comment

i would be interested in this, no date preference. are we supposed to bring our laptop/desktop with for class with said software pre-installed? also, i've a projector in case you need one still...

Comment

Fix, is this going to be an intro/intermediate class or will this be geared towards advanced users?
                            www.garryh.com

Strike the Design

Comment

Intro/intermediate for PS, and for LR it'll be basics all the way up to advanced.

Software on a laptop would be great, but not necessary. I'll have handouts with demo images and starting points, so you won't have to take a ton of notes.

Comment

Working...
                              X