On-location Family Portraits Workshop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On-location Family Portraits Workshop

Last year I did a workshop on "How to take Photos of Children and Other Small Moving Objects" and I'd like to get a sense of how many people would be interested in this workshop again. This workshop will come after the DSLR fundamentals and lens workshops so it won't be done in time for the holidays. In fact, it really should be done after a flash workshop as well. To take good photos of children, you really have to be comfortable enough with your camera gear so you spend less time thinking about the settings and more time observing and interacting with your subjects (hence the other workshops first). This is especially important if you want to make a career out of it - you only get one chance at the shoot: there are no redos. The workshop also strives to get the best photos possible straight out of the camera so you won't need to spend much time in post processing. The photo samples below were all usable without pp so it only took about 30-seconds for me to process each photo (well, maybe 45 seconds - actual photos are much sharper, these were resized from 15-20MB files to 200kB files).

I may consider doing a private session with one or two people this Sunday on one of my shoots. Send me a PM if interested.

Anyway, just want to gauge the interest at this point. Here are a couple of samples I shot over the weekend.

Last edited by Ty; 11-18-2009, 03:07 PM.
    Today's a gift, that's why it's called the present.

Re: Portraits Workshop

I'm interested. Unfortunately this Sunday is the group shoot at Torrey Pines.
    Marshall

If I don't give you a hard time at some point then it just means I don't like you. It's all fun and games.

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
    Current Activity: Daydreaming about his trips in November and December.

Comment

Re: Portraits Workshop

are we talking about a portrait workshop or workshop for photographing children? can you please clarify?

Comment

Re: On-location Family Portraits Workshop

Sorry for the confusion - The workshop will be about how to take on-location family portraits, not a studio portraits workshop. On-location shoots are typically harder since you can't always control the lighting as in a studio. Unless you have a crew to help out, you are usually stuck with minimal equipment and part of the workshop will be on how to make the most of what you can easily carry around with you.
        Today's a gift, that's why it's called the present.

Comment

great. thats exactly what im looking for. count me in for this sunday.

Comment

count me in as well

Comment

Working...
            X