Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSLR Workshop Schedule

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Hi again SDPF Members! Due to numerous requests, I will be offering the DSLR Fundamentals workshop on Saturday December 19th. I have decided to combine the DSLR101 and Advanced DSLR into one single full day workshop with some expanded material, now called DSLR FUNDAMENTALS - Get Me off Auto! This will allow me to cover all the material and have a little more time to work with everyone on composition as well as allow for more shooting time. I've also picked a more interesting place which will offer more photo ops (samples below were taken at the farm).

The LENS WORKSHOP (date not yet set) has also been expanded to include an intro to macro photography.

If you have an upgraded SDPF membership, your fees will be reduced according your membership level. As much as I would love to do these workshops for free, a portion of the fees goes to pay for keeping the forum running as well as material used to teach these workshops. The details of the two workshops and fees are as follows:

FEES ARE PER WORKSHOP:
    Platinum SDPF Members: $20
    Gold SDPF Members: $25
    Silver SDPF Members: $30
    Bronze SDPF Members: $35
    Regular SDPF Members: $40
    Non SDPF Members: $50

WORKSHOP: DSLR FUNDAMENTALS - Get Me Off Auto!
    DATE AND TIME: Saturday December 19th, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM (Lunch break 12:30 - 1:30)
    LOCATION: Stein Family Farm, 1808 F Ave., National City, CA 91950 (619) 477-4113

We will meet at the farm entrance. It's not a very big farm but has plenty of street parking. There are numerous restaurants within walking distance of the farm.

To register for THE DSLR FUNDAMENTALS WORKSHOP, please reply to this thread with the following information:

1. SDPF Screen Name.
    2. Number of people attending in your party (please invite friends and family!).
    3. Camera make and model.

DESCRIPTION:

Life used to be simple in the film days...your ISO and White Balance were determined once you plopped the film into your camera. Now all you had to do was worry about aperture and shutter speed, and if your camera had auto mode, you didn't even have to worry about that - just point and shoot. Today's Digital SLR cameras come with a host of settings and custom functions that make the procedure of getting rid of the blinking time on VCR's seem like child's play! In this workshop, we will cover all the basic concepts such as ISO, White Balance, and proper exposure. Next we will delve into the depths of your camera settings and custom functions as well as explore various shooting modes such as aperture priority and shutter priority. After hands-on practice of these various concepts, we will work on the fundamentals of composition where we will be taking creative photographs around the Stein Family Farm. I am also trying to set up a special tour for our group with the folks that run the farm as well.

WORKSHOP: THE LENS WORKSHOP
    DATE AND TIME: TBD
    LOCATION: Quail Botanical Gardens, 230 Quail Gardens Drive, Encinitas, CA 92024 (760) 436-3036.

I will update information and schedule on the Lens Workshop at a later date.

This workshop is all about lenses - how, when, and where to use them. Lens focal length and maximum aperture has a huge impact on how your photographs will turn out. Here, we will teach you the strengths and weaknesses of just about every type of lens from super wide fisheye to super telephoto lenses. Specialty lenses and accessories such as tilt-shift lenses and the various macro lens adapters will also be covered. Once you understand the fundamentals of lenses, you will immediately see a big impact on your photos and you will see the world in a whole new dimension! A portion of the workshop will also be dedicated to answering the burning question of which lens you should buy next. Quail Botanical Gardens makes a perfect backdrop for applying the various concepts that you will learn in this workshop including macro photography. I will be providing some equipment for Canon, Nikon, and Sony DSLR's for the macro portion of the workshop.

Last edited by Ty; 11-27-2009, 12:25 AM.
    Today's a gift, that's why it's called the present.
Working...
X