Post Your Lens Workshop Photos Here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post Your Lens Workshop Photos Here

Colleen - the 18mm should be wide enough to do comical perspectives...but you need to be careful about the depth of field. In the first photo you've nicely blurred out the background. One of the reasons for the comical perspective is for you to play with the depth of field and get a feel of how to control it. For example you could shoot a photo where it looks like someone is picking up a car with their hand. The hand would be very close to the camera so it looks big. The car could be across the street in a parking lot. However, in this case you need to make both the hand and the car in focus (large depth of field).

The low perspectives look much more interesting than if you were to stand up and shoot photos of the dogs. Now try picking a different background - something less cluttered. By moving to the side a foot or two, you could have a completely different background. The dogs, even if they don't move, will probably turn their head to look at you. The background you chose, even though it's somewhat blurred out, is still busy.

Glad to see you trying these things out. Just keep in mind what the background looks like.
    Today's a gift, that's why it's called the present.

Comment

I finally had a chance to upload some photos from the lens workshop on to my Flickr account. Sorry I don't have any of the EXIF info. Oh...and composition wasn't my biggest priority when taking these photos

This photo was taken with my my 28-135 at 28mm. I cropped it a bit.

These two photos were suppose to demonstrate perspective compression.

My posts are natural products. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Comment

Nice job, especially on the change in perspective photos. As you can clearly see, by changing the lens focal length, you can have the exact same subject with completely different looking background. One question: Does Wendy have her lens cap on or off?
        Today's a gift, that's why it's called the present.

Comment

Thanks Jeff...
          The camera makes you forget you're there. It's not like you are hiding but you forget, you are just looking so much.
          Annie Leibovitz

Comment

One that kind of fits the comical perspective, and I'm posting it as a reminder to myself to post more when I get home tonight:

See my user profile for gear information. Then forget about that stuff and go take pictures! And then some more pictures!

Comment

Working...
            X