X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ty
    started a topic Thanksgiving Dinner

Thanksgiving Dinner

Photos of most family get-togethers, especially indoors are often not very interesting....but that doesn't have to be the case. Once you get past the obligatory "everyone in the family sitting on the couch say cheese posed photo", then things can get creative and interesting. This is the subject of the up-coming workshop this Sunday Dec. 7th. Here are a few photos from our Thanksgiving dinner a few days ago. There was nothing particularly interesting about what the people in the photos were doing....mostly mundane stuff like washing dishes or cooking. See you at the workshop on Sunday!

• JHolzPhoto
    replied
    Re: Thanksgiving Dinner

I think the food shots are great. I think #8 is my favorite. I really like the composition of it and the color. It looks like sepia. I like shots done in sepia.

Leave a comment:

• tvivekanand
    replied

#5... are the glas-ses in water upside down while the reflection of the window curtain make the white lines?
    Last edited by tvivekanand; 12-12-2008, 10:40 AM. Reason: It makes gl***** to gl*****

Leave a comment:

• inSANe DIEGO
    replied

Fix- These are great! I agree on the close-ups. I especially like the blown out window shot. I'm still working on that. I've concentrated so much on under exposing that I've neglected to build that side (the blown out side) of the spectrum. Well, I guess expect to see quite a bit more of the blown out and washed out varieties from me.

A number of these shots are akin to fine art and stock photography style. Next up on my list as well.

Leave a comment:

• JHolzPhoto
    replied

Great photos Anthony

Leave a comment:

• Ty
    replied

Anthony...those are actually really good photos. Nice composition, selective focus, and good use of DOF. Looks like you're set for Xmas photos!

Leave a comment:

• JHolzPhoto
    replied

Photos look great as always Ty. Do you ever take a horrible picture? I did'nt think so. That last one could second as a Halloween pic.

Leave a comment:

• Colleen
    replied

I have the same problems. Everything seems so boring. Your photos are great. They are interesting and portray the day well. My fav's are the last two!

Leave a comment:

• inSANe DIEGO
    replied

Nice shots Ty. Your next workshop should be on how to get the family over the "deer in the headlights" look. I couldn't seem to get past that point at our dinner. Not to mention the lighting was so dim in the house that my 50mm still was not fast enough at my highest ISO and wide open. When I put the flash on it was all over. Everyone was watching out of the corner of their eye. The flash didn't really help either because the ceilings and walls were dark brown. It could have been a lesson in subtractive lighting.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X