Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POST your photos here for the Jan 17/18 workshops!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POST your photos here for the Jan 17/18 workshops!

Originally posted by Photofiend View Post
    He was shooting with an M3, not sure what lens. He has several, inc. a 1.2, which I think is the one that has got its own viewfinder attached to the lens, which is kind of cool looking!

He has a D100 but is looking to part with his "mad" money for a D300. But I think because it was a lens workshop, he brought his Leica because he is most familiar with that camera. I also think he wanted to share his baby and the lenses with Ty. When we came to the Sat. workshops he brought the D100. He bought the Leica in the early '60s, from it's original owner, mint condition!

It will please him to know someone noticed his rangefinder!

Thanks for asking!

Mary
    I also noticed that he has cool light meter. Too bad I did not have the chance to talk to him more. (I hope he did not think I was being rude to him, was just trying to help..) . Perhaps he won't mind to show us all those cool gears he has next time, so we can all take a good look at. ^_^

Comment

Great shots everyone. Hey Fix I'm still trying to find a head replacement after getting my original one taken out by the blue power ranger. Hey Laverne I love the see food diet. LOL. Ty you know you love my camera strap admit it
      Jeff
      http://picasaweb.google.com/jholzphoto

Comment

JHolz...I do love your camera strap....it would make a perfect dog leash or a strap for a sleeping bag....so when can I have it?
        Today's a gift, that's why it's called the present.

Comment

I'll give it to you as soon as you give me your lenses from the workshop. Looks like the wife is leaning towards the dark side
          Jeff
          http://picasaweb.google.com/jholzphoto

Comment

Wish I could have stayed. Unfortunately my wife ran into car trouble. Thanks for lift Marshall. Sorry I made you miss the part about positioning your subject. Any rate, I guess I'm 0 for 2 on the Advanced class now .
            Always think positive, but expect the worst and nothing bad will ever happen.

http://hanratty.smugmug.com

Gear:
            Olympus E-30
            Olympus 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 (28-84mm conversion)
            Olympus 40-150mm f/4-5.6 (80-300mm conversion)
            Olympus 70-300mm f/4-5.6 (140-600mm conversion)

Comment

Proud of these purely because of the antbites I got taking them - it's all about the sacrifice!

Loved the workshops - great for a total newbie like me!
              Last edited by tehenning; 01-21-2009, 08:06 PM.

Comment

JHolz...no....talk your wife out of it...even as much as I'd like to see her get a Canon...you already have a Toykon and if she gets one, then you can share lenses which you know is going to be your biggest investment. Check out this D70s - it's a decent camera that you won't outgrow any time soon and it won't break the bank. Besides, I believe the flash sync speed of the D70s is a blazing 1/500th of a second (my 5D only syncs at 1/200) - which is amongst the fastest that I know of.

Comment

Here you go Shuwen
                  Attached Files
                  Shooting Nikon D90
                  11-16mm f/2.8 of pure Tokina sexiness
                  18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 VR Nikkor
                  50mm f/1.8 Nikkor
                  35mm f/1.8 Nikkor Dx
                  55-200mm f/4-5.6 DI Quantary -FOR SALE

www.creativesoup.com

Comment

And this guy was awesome! He's been shooting since he was 14 and he is 87 now . He busted out some pics he shot in 1942 from his wallet and showed me all the girls that used to chase the AirForce Pilots , of which he was a handsome one.
                    Attached Files
                    Shooting Nikon D90
                    50mm f/1.8 Nikkor
                    35mm f/1.8 Nikkor Dx

www.creativesoup.com

Comment

Thank you, Jessy. ^_^

I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall Starks View Post
                        You can't see me...

*Little kid voice* "Mommy, is that man dead?"

You're lucky. For some reason I lost the shots of you in the same position. I'm missing that half of the days shots. I don't know if it's a card malfunction or operator malfunction. I got in too much of a hurry when I was downloading.

Last edited by Marshall Starks; 01-22-2009, 12:15 AM.
                        The camera makes you forget you're there. It's not like you are hiding but you forget, you are just looking so much.
                        Annie Leibovitz

Comment

*mommy's voice* "No dear...he got so bored at the workshop he fell asleep"

*daddy's voice* "Now honey, don't go making up stories...don't you know that's the Massive LBurk pretending to be a mountain range..."

Comment

Fix, Vivek, Shuwen, and Jessy,

Thanks for all the comments on my dad and his gear.

Fix, Thanks again for asking about his camera, he will be pleased. He sometimes thinks the average person thinks its just an old camera. He loves it when one of the photography magazines does an article on the classic Leicas... Plus some of the shots, he has made with it, are truly magazine quality.

Vivek, I'm sure he will come to another workshop, being a retired commercial electrical contractor he has been interested in building his own lighting equipment. So I can see when the studio lighting workshops come up, he will want to attend. Or, if not too much walking, a monthly group shoot. If you wanted to take a look at his Leica stuff, I'm sure he would be delighted to share it with you.

Shuwen, We all got busy and later I think I ignored him during the exercises, so don't worry about being rude. If anyone was rude, it was me, his own daughter! His Sekonic lightmeter, another baby of his, is a bit of a mystery to me. But he tells me you can meter off of your model's face and it will tell you exactly what setting to use on your flash. I don't know if that is a standard feature on lightmeters these days, my guess is that it is. But when he bought it some years back it cost in the upper 300s, so that must have been a wonderful new feature to have made such an impression on him, that he still talks about it. I'm sure he will show it to you, if you ask him! And give you a better explanation of how it works than I can!

Jessy,

Thanks for taking a picture of him, the sepia was perfect with his brown-on-brown color scheme that day. It turned out very nice, and I will share it with him and my mom! He enjoys sharing his life experiences with others, glad you got a kick out of him. He's a great guy and now everyone knows where I get my story-telling ability from, or at least my long-windedness!!! It good when you get to be his age to be treated "normally" by others. I've been out with him and because of his trashed hip he walks slowly, where often he is treated by others, usually sales help, as if his mind is slow too. Or, they raise their voice because they think he must be deaf. too. He usually ignores it, but it makes me mad and I try to slip in some comment like, "I hope I live to be 87"!! He enjoyed, I think, most of all being with other photographers these past few days and knowing the next few generations are carrying on with the tradition of "painting with light"!

Thanks to all for a wonderful weekend of workshops,
                            Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall Starks View Post

I like this pic. I saw these guys when I was pulling in. I was tempted to stop but I was running late. Good to see someone got a good pic.
                              Shooting Nikon D90
                              50mm f/1.8 Nikkor
                              35mm f/1.8 Nikkor Dx

www.creativesoup.com

Comment

Working...
                              X