• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Most Used Lens

Originally posted by Ty View Post
    Attn: Tytaclaus
    LOL!!!

lkdjalskgjadlgjkad;lgja;fdlgjka;fdlgjk...apparentl y my message is too short so I had to type a bunch of garbage....
    My posts are natural products. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Comment

hey no cheating the system! lol

"I've Got A Fever And The Only Prescription Is More Pictures"

For Quotes And Comissions Please Email Me.

Know Anyone Heading For Foreclosure? I Can Help!

San Diego Wedding and Portrait Photography

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
      Current Activity: Banning Spammers

Comment

If I could pick any lens out of Ty's bag it would be the 200 1.8, or 85 1.2.

I'm kind of surprised he doesn't have a 50 1.0 or a leica with a 50 .95 on it.
        See my user profile for gear information. Then forget about that stuff and go take pictures! And then some more pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by Ty View Post
          All you guys with the big range zooms gotta try the 70-200 f/2.8...once you do, your big zooms will be collecting dust on the shelf.
          I'd love to buy the Canon 70-200/2.8. Does anyone have an extra $1600.00 laying around they can give me?
          The camera makes you forget you're there. It's not like you are hiding but you forget, you are just looking so much.
          Annie Leibovitz

Comment

Originally posted by Lburk View Post
            I'd love to buy the Canon 70-200/2.8. Does anyone have an extra $1600.00 laying around they can give me?
            Oh, you want the delux version! I have the non-IS version and it's my most used lens. I've very happy with it.

Comment

24-70mm and 70-200 for boxing. Those are the only two lenses that I own, but they are good and they get the job done from shooting ringside to shooting through a cage. I don't own much, but what I do own is good stuff maynard!
              If you see a good fight, get in it.
              My Flickr!
              PBase!

Comment

you guys all sound like pros.. how about for us mere mortals?

For me, it's all about chasing the kids (5yo, 3, & 1)

I keep my 17-55mm 2.8 on my XSi, almost exclusively.

Recently, for kiddie soccer, football, & ballet (indoors), I took the deep plunge and got the 70-200mm 2.8 IS.

They are both also awesome for portraits! I feel pretty much set for now (besides, I'm broke now). If I got another one, it might be the 50mm 1.4

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                  you guys all sound like pros.. how about for us mere mortals?

For me, it's all about chasing the kids (5yo, 3, & 1)

I keep my 17-55mm 2.8 on my XSi, almost exclusively.

Recently, for kiddie soccer, football, & ballet (indoors), I took the deep plunge and got the 70-200mm 2.8 IS.

They are both also awesome for portraits! I feel pretty much set for now (besides, I'm broke now). If I got another one, it might be the 50mm 1.4
                  Jay- I pretty much have the Nikon equivalent of that setup.
                  Throw a little light. If it doesn't come back, it probably fell off...
                  Cheers
                  John
                  Flickr
                  Nikon D80 (nicknamed Cylopsoid)
                  Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 Lovin' it. I could glue it to my camera and be happy.
                  Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 It's the older model w/o the AF motor and it focuses FAST. It's just like the 17-50, only longer.
                  Nikkor 50mm f1.8d <------creammmmmy
                  Nikkor 18-55 kit Now in a deep slumber.
                  Quantaray 28-82 Somewhere in the house.
                  Nikon N65 Back for the resurrection tour! Coming to defend the faith...
                  (This spot being saved for hopefully a G9 or G11) Shhhh, I know those are Canons...

Comment

trying to decide on a good lens for natural low light situations with limited necessity for a tripod...went to Burning Man and was paralyzed by my 18-250 3.5-6.3 towards dusk...thinking about Canon 85mm 1.8 USM...also considering the 50 mm 1.4...any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi View Post
                      trying to decide on a good lens for natural low light situations with limited necessity for a tripod...went to Burning Man and was paralyzed by my 18-250 3.5-6.3 towards dusk...thinking about Canon 85mm 1.8 USM...also considering the 50 mm 1.4...any suggestions?
                      Go for the 50mm 1.4 or 1.8. the wider lens is much more useful and you can crop down to get something more telephoto if you want.
                      Shooting Nikon D90
                      11-16mm f/2.8 of pure Tokina sexiness
                      18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 VR Nikkor
                      50mm f/1.8 Nikkor
                      35mm f/1.8 Nikkor Dx
                      55-200mm f/4-5.6 DI Quantary -FOR SALE

www.creativesoup.com

Comment

My next lens is the 50 1.4.

Simply because the 50 1.2 is L glass and costs way too much.
                        Without others thinking you are good, it doesn't matter how good you think you are.

http://dkbarto.daportfolio.com

Comment

Originally posted by Heidi View Post

Set your 18-250 on 50mm for a day and take a whole bunch of shots, and then set it on 85mm for a day and take a whole bunch of shots, including a bunch with people. I have the 100mm f/2.0 (same build as the 85mm) on my 40D and it's quite long to use with people unless you are just looking for headshots. To get half body or full body, you've got to be 1/4 of the way down the block and yelling at them.

The 85mm feels a lot better in hand (build quality, MF ring) and doesn't have some of the issues that the 50mm f/1.4 does. The 50mm f/1.8 is a toy, with pretty good optics. Check out the Sigma 50mm f/1.4, it's huge but has great image quality.
                          See my user profile for gear information. Then forget about that stuff and go take pictures! And then some more pictures!

Comment

7-14mm f/4 on my E-3! Love the creative capabilities of ultra-wide angle - opens a whole new world of photography.

When I'm in the water it's the 14-54mm f/2.8-f/3.5 in the Ikelite, purely for range and weight.

Comment

+1 on the Sigma 50 1.4. Great image quality, fast AF, and the bokeh is superior to the Canon 1.4 imo (the Sigma has a 9 blade aperture ring and the Canon has 8). Size is relatively small compared to anything else f2.8 or faster.

Pair that up with some high ISO and you can shoot in some pretty dark situations for not a lot of money.
                              randyzhu.com
                              Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by randaddy View Post
                                +1 on the Sigma 50 1.4. Great image quality, fast AF, and the bokeh is superior to the Canon 1.4 imo (the Sigma has a 9 blade aperture ring and the Canon has 8). Size is relatively small compared to anything else f2.8 or faster.

Pair that up with some high ISO and you can shoot in some pretty dark situations for not a lot of money.
                                Truth.
                                Marshall

If I don't give you a hard time at some point then it just means I don't like you. It's all fun and games.

Last Activity: 1 Minute Ago
                                Current Activity: Daydreaming about his trips in November and December.

Comment

Working...
                                X